1500 Denali Power Runningboard Lock

I guess I need to figure how to change my name to: North19Denali1500...

I am in Northern Ontario Canada and am concerned with my Power Running Boards on my new truck when filled with slush and frozen.  I searched but could not find how to lock them in the OUT position for the winter.  I found how to lock in the IN position by holding the switch in the dash for 4 seconds but if I hit the switch to put them out, I cannot lock them there, it resets when restart the truck and drive.

Anyone know how?  Your help will be greatly appreciated.  My dealer has not fond it either...

On 12/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, North16HighCountryDuramax said:

I guess I need to figure how to change my name to: North19Denali1500...

I am in Northern Ontario Canada and am concerned with my Power Running Boards on my new truck when filled with slush and frozen.  I searched but could not find how to lock them in the OUT position for the winter.  I found how to lock in the IN position by holding the switch in the dash for 4 seconds but if I hit the switch to put them out, I cannot lock them there, it resets when restart the truck and drive.

Anyone know how?  Your help will be greatly appreciated.  My dealer has not fond it either...

I don't know but maybe you can have them out then disconnect the power connecter to them? If that works you need to water tight the connectors.

I did think of disconnecting them while in the out position but as you mention, need to be certain all wiring harnesses are sealed...  Also thought of pulling a fuse but chances are that would throw a code.

I don't want to lock them in the in position, especially for my Short wife to get in....

I'll visit my dealer again this week and keep you posted....  

ANY other ideas will be greatly appreciated....