RST and power folding mirrors

euromade

Looking at buying an RST as I’m not too big on chrome.   The only issue is, I can’t find one with the power folding mirrors.   Is that a special add on package or just not avail in the RST trim level At all?

My “ultimate” build would be:

- RST trim  (color matched bumpers)

- BOSE

- front bench (so I can have 6 people on board)

- heated cloth

- heated steering

- power fold mirrors (especially if I could get those in the tow mirror version like on the 2500), and I think any trim level on the 2500 has power folding option.  

- 3.0 baby Duramax

- crew cab with 6.5 bed

I got a 2019 RST with every possible option.. and still didn't/couldn't get power side mirrors.  Also can't get power passenger seat, and auto dim rear view mirror which I think is absurd.  That was the case for the 2019....2020 could be different. 

Edited by GMC-AT

2020 is the same as 2019. If you want power folding mirrors and/or power passenger seats, ventilated seats, etc you have to move up to the LTZ and higher. 

Maybe in 2021 GM will broaden the options for sale in the mid level trims, like Ford does. 

I'm nearing my order for a 2020 RST and like the others have said some of this just doesn't make since. My truck ordered out before delivery or taxes comes out at $59866.00 and I can't get auto dimming rear view mirror and keep the safety package. And it looks like the power passenger seat is also out. For those of us that like the color bumpers and little to no chrome the RST is where we are.

3 hours ago, mcgee500 said:

For those of us that like the color bumpers and little to no chrome the RST is where we are.

The AT4 is basically the only other OEM option to get all the features and keep the monochromatic look. 

That, or do what a few others here have done and wrap/paint your chrome on an LTZ. 

Do what you want, and I know nobody pays sticker, but loading up an RST to nearly 60k MSRP seems like the ripoff of the century. My LTZ with everything stickered for less than 61, and you get the folding mirrors, memory seat, power passenger seat, vented seats, wireless charging, heated rear seats, navigation, tech package with nicer cluster, camera mirror, 360 view, safety package II w/ lane keep assist, power tailgate.

Understand the chrome ain’t for everyone but for that money, loaded to the top, the RST doesn’t seem like a good value. It’s a super deal when it’s a bit less equipped though.

12 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

I got a 2019 RST with every possible option.. and still didn't/couldn't get power side mirrors.  Also can't get power passenger seat, and auto dim rear view mirror which I think is absurd.  That was the case for the 2019....2020 could be different. 

Same here $14K+ add on packages to a base $42K RST wasn't enough to get the folding mirrors or self dimming mirror. Sixty bucks bought a self dimming mirror.

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

Do what you want, and I know nobody pays sticker, but loading up an RST to nearly 60k MSRP seems like the ripoff of the century. My LTZ with everything stickered for less than 61, and you get the folding mirrors, memory seat, power passenger seat, vented seats, wireless charging, heated rear seats, navigation, tech package with nicer cluster, camera mirror, 360 view, safety package II w/ lane keep assist, power tailgate.

Understand the chrome ain’t for everyone but for that money, loaded to the top, the RST doesn’t seem like a good value. It’s a super deal when it’s a bit less equipped though.

Exactly, personal taste Trump's price for something you have to live with. I'll gladly pay the extra $ for an equipped RST and live without the folding mirrors, but can't live with all that stinking chrome, not even the badging....... besides makes a sports bar look out of place. Supposed to look like a sports truck not a tarted up pavement princess.

I’ve been looking into adding the power fold, as of right now it’s probably cheaper to get a LTZ and have your chrome wrapped than add the mirrors, switches and door harnesses. And you still won’t have the convenience function in the radio to auto fold on double lock.

6 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado now that I was almost forced into because totaling my previous truck. My RST may list out near 60k but I'll be paying around 50 for it. I read here mostly and I have learned a bunch from you people. I hate paying for a truck I don't love, that is the main reason I switching to a 2020 RST black on black leather