Frame coating removal

Has anyone here found a simple and successful way to completely remove the factory wax frame coating other than a torch? I’m going to be pulling me suspension back apart here shortly and would really like to strip it and paint it while apart. Any legitimate info the you have personally tried would be appreciated.

Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate it. I’ll look into both. Also I have another question it’s actually for a friend of mine because we are discussing this last night and i’m almost positive that I read on some thread on here before so maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. Didn’t somebody at sometimes say that they knew of the manufacture of the frame coating  and that you could get it in a aerosol can spray? He told me he tried to go directly to his Chevy dealership but they said there was nothing of the sort but I’m almost positive that I’ve seen it mentioned on here at least once or twice.

7 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate it. I’ll look into both. Also I have another question it’s actually for a friend of mine because we are discussing this last night and i’m almost positive that I read on some thread on here before so maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. Didn’t somebody at sometimes say that they knew of the manufacture of the frame coating  and that you could get it in a aerosol can spray? He told me he tried to go directly to his Chevy dealership but they said there was nothing of the sort but I’m almost positive that I’ve seen it mentioned on here at least once or twice.

It's made by a company called Daubert.
https://www.daubertchemical.com/

Just now, acinquegrana said:

Yes the OEM coating is daubert noxrust x121-b. I use it for touch up when the fluid film washes away too much lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really appreciate all you guys! Ask a question and get an answer I would so much rather talk to you guys then anyone at a dealership. And I used to run the body shop for one lol

• Like 1

I really appreciate all you guys! Ask a question and get an answer I would so much rather talk to you guys then anyone at a dealership. And I used to run the body shop for one lol
I personally think the OEM coating is best when you add fluid film / woolwax. It softens it and turns it into a grease. This way here there is essentially 0 chance of it peeling and water / salt getting trapped. My 2016 frame looks better than new IMO and I live in Rhode Island.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll just throw this out there 

I remember a few years back I was washing one of my trucks in the winter. I ran pure hot water in my pressure washer. 

When I held it in one spot on the frame it blasted the wax right off  clean.

I bet if you had one of those heated power washers you could blast it clean in a couple hours. Just an idea for ya.