A pillar light mounts ( Ditch light mounts)

i seen a similar year Silverado with A pillar/ ditch lights mounted driving by the other day.  I kind of liked the idea. since I absolutely hate the idea of people having a 50 " light bar on the top of the windshield.

now brings my search for the brackets.  and with the old google foo found hood hinge brackets that were $212 CAD and then there was some modifications that needed to be done.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01AT5J150/?coliid=I1RTJ64IO5AABL&colid=2W4VDCUHN82W9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

found a set for $120 CAD plus shipping from Rago  Fabrication 

https://www.ragofabrication.com/collections/chevy?page=2

and then the generic ones that you tighten set screws to clap onto the actual hood ( can you say destroy paint and invite rust) 

anybody else have any recommendations?  or other options?

Did you need to any modification to the cowling or the the bracket on the passenger side ?

I needed to trim the cowling just a little bit. It’s very soft so a razor blade will do. Took like 5-10 mins to trim where the bracket is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

I had sdhq brackets on my truck ditch lights are amazing in deer country!

ea5c7cc4ccb6783a8cff32df34e84d11.jpg

Thanks for the info and the link for the YouTube video. 

did you need to mod your passenger side bracket to clear the cowling like in the video or has SDHQ fixed their design. Looks like in the video he was contacting one of the antenna stud mounting bolts that was creating his issue 

Thanks for the info and the link for the YouTube video. 

did you need to mod your passenger side bracket to clear the cowling like in the video or has SDHQ fixed their design. Looks like in the video he was contacting one of the antenna stud mounting bolts that was creating his issue 

I had to trim the bracket to fit it but I’ve talked to others and they said they didn’t have that issue. I sent sdhq my measurements in case they wanted to update their brackets.

6 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

I had to trim the bracket to fit it but I’ve talked to others and they said they didn’t have that issue. I sent sdhq my measurements in case they wanted to update their brackets.

That’s cool. Can I ask you to take a couple more pictures. From inside of the truck. Hey would like to see how much these pods create a blind spot. I am guessing it’s not too much. 

That’s cool. Can I ask you to take a couple more pictures. From inside of the truck. Hey would like to see how much these pods create a blind spot. I am guessing it’s not too much. 

I demodded and traded that truck in last month so unfortunately no pictures of it anymore.

My opinion in the ditch lights versus single front light bar debates. Ditch lights are the way to go BUT I had retrofitted lights so I had relatively good coverage straight ahead just wanted to wash the ditches better for suicidal deer.

At first I was going to ignore ditch lighting, but I'm hearing a compelling argument for including it.

it would be a pretty cool effect using something like Rigid Industries Radiance lighting with the colored back lighting..

At first I was going to ignore ditch lighting, but I'm hearing a compelling argument for including it.

it would be a pretty cool effect using something like Rigid Industries Radiance lighting with the colored back lighting..

I used Oz USA pods that had amber DRL’s. Basically when my headlight came on, a relay turned the drls on. When I flipped my brights the white LEDs came on.

2a065d6c9b256491cd176815a5e85896.jpg88ec8d110b44ff839a32ba04148f3bc4.jpg

bf3efe5d7b63e1118f20a79c07528617.jpg128ee30ba860655c9a478dc157579822.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CajunFries said:

214d0f87c54daf367e72915ffb9a660c.jpgd490463aafd7746a926c53cb1dd8916f.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. Specially the ones from inside of the truck.   Thinking about using pods that have side shooting amber led strobe lights.  I am still trying to figure out where I am putting the switches though 

Thanks for posting the pics. Specially the ones from inside of the truck.   Thinking about using pods that have side shooting amber led strobe lights.  I am still trying to figure out where I am putting the switches though 

I hooked mine up to my high beam for the front facing ones. The side facing pods are hooked up to the “OFF-road light switch. ( there’s a whole thread about that)”.