GM Performance Intake (6.2) Re-flash Question

So I'm fighting with my dealership about having to pay for the re-flash, which is in included in the price of the intake. I've been searching and can't find the actual instructions, all they sent with mine is the one page with the authorization code for it to be done. Does someone have the actual instructions or the document id# for them, my dealership is being super shady about it and I really do not want to pay to get the re-flash done if I don't have to.  

Here is the paperwork that came with mine. I installed myself and just had the dealer flash it yesterday, they just need to follow those directions and call the GM number.

Good luck.4caa773ca0d3d1e38b13492a5e89fdb5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just self installed the GM Performance intake.  Anyone else notice the “CAL” indicator in the lower left of the DIC upon first startup.  I haven’t had the dealer flash the ECM yet so not surprised but hadn’t seen anyone mention this before.

8 hours ago, J2Jones said:

Just self installed the GM Performance intake.  Anyone else notice the “CAL” indicator in the lower left of the DIC upon first startup.  I haven’t had the dealer flash the ECM yet so not surprised but hadn’t seen anyone mention this before.

Nevermind.  I think this was actually referring to the navigation compass making contact with the satellites as the message appeared in the area compass heading is normally shown.  Feeling kind of stupid.  Haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I have a question.

I have a 19 Sierra Denali 6.2 I'm planning on installing a K&N CAI.

Will I need to get the ECM re-flashed or calibrated?

And if yes, WHY?

oh! I actually have two questions 

Can somebody explain to me why the closed CAI are showing higher gains VS open CAI.

thank you, 

1 hour ago, 1-BMF said:

Ok, so I have a question.

I have a 19 Sierra Denali 6.2 I'm planning on installing a K&N CAI.

Will I need to get the ECM re-flashed or calibrated?

And if yes, WHY?

oh! I actually have two questions 

Can somebody explain to me why the closed CAI are showing higher gains VS open CAI.

thank you, 

Yes and no. If you change the airflow it would be a benefit to alter the tune to match but not necessary. Lots have done a cai over the years never tuning for it. 

Closed vs open-closed is a controlled environment drawing air from outside the engine bay while open is sucking in super heated air. Cold air is better. 

11 hours ago, smrr1 said:

Yes and no. If you change the airflow it would be a benefit to alter the tune to match but not necessary. Lots have done a cai over the years never tuning for it. 

Closed vs open-closed is a controlled environment drawing air from outside the engine bay while open is sucking in super heated air. Cold air is better. 

Sweet, 

great information. 
I agree all of my trucks have always had a CAI and I have never done a tune, however I do see the Benifits of doing so. 
thank you, for you time and information