Retained accessory power question

Hey peeps,

So I just want out to the garage to install one of those screen protector things on my intellink. I have an 18 gmc all terrain CC. Now I know when you open the driver’s door it sorta “wakes up” in prep for you starting the truck, BUT, I did not have the key with me. I went thru the screen protector install and then I pushed the power button on the vol control and it all came on and the radio started playing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And this with the drivers door open and NO key around. And then I closed the drivers door and opened it and it didn’t shut off.

I didn’t think it was sposta be able to do that. So I’m a little concerned with battery drain if things can just turn on whenever w/o a key.

So I went and got my key, locked it, unlocked it, got in, turned the key to run, stuff came on, turned the key off, opened the door and everything shut off like normal.

Just curious if anyone’s seen that or if it’s sposta be a thing. Cuz I didn’t think I’d was.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAP is active for about 10-15 minutes, then shuts off until it is “triggered”. My guess is - it was triggered to come when you pressed the power button OR RAP was still active when you pressed the button.

Should be alright.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Ok. Thanks! I didn’t realize it could be triggered w/o a key cycle. And I’d never incited it the other way. But if pgamboa says it’s normal, then it must be! From all the stuff I’ve read on here you know this system like the back of your hand.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hmmm. Ok. Thanks! I didn’t realize it could be triggered w/o a key cycle. And I’d never incited it the other way. But if pgamboa says it’s normal, then it must be! From all the stuff I’ve read on here you know this system like the back of your hand.

Thanks again!

You can also test the theory :). There have been many times I’ve worked on a project on my truck (or a customers trucks) and the RAP turns off. I go to reach up to the dome lamp switch - nothing happens when I put it to the ON switch. Then I realized that the truck has been sitting for 15-20 minutes. LOL. So - cycle power, open/close door, key fob lock/unlock - etc.

I’ll try the radio button next time for the trigger :)

• Like 1