2014 Sierra 6.2 Dyno

2 hours ago, Jjblur2003 said:

There was still some timing we could pull and make more but since I tow we it was best to leave it

Torque actually looks pretty bad on the low end. Looks like it doesn’t start pulling until 3700ish.

definitely more up top though

9 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

Torque actually looks pretty bad on the low end. Looks like it doesn’t start pulling until 3700ish.

definitely more up top though

Its because the pull didnt start until 3000 rpms. Its definitely got way more torque than stock. I asked the same thing. On a stock converter as well.

4 hours ago, Denali34 said:

How were your dealings with LSXperts? I was considering them before going with Vengeance Racing. 

Couldnt have been better. Communication was great. Just all around easy to deal with

• Like 1

I have the same cam in my 2014 L86.  I had the head ported and a valve job by a local shop while I had them off.

I never dynoed it but if feels like it pick up all over.  I was just working on my 1-2 and 2-3 shift points and it was showing I was spinning all the way through 1st with 50% throttle applied.  This is with 115 pounds worth of 22x12 wheels and 33” tire.

i just pulled my 6800 pound wakeboat home yesterday and it holds gears better than the stock cam.  So it doesn’t lose any torque.

• Like 1

Oh and I have my idol set to 735 and it feels stable.  I tried it lower at like 685 or something but it wasn’t stable at low speed on off throttle situation.  And would stall if you where try to back into a parking spot on a steep hill if you had to get on and off the throttle a bunch

2 minutes ago, JONBLARC7 said:

Oh and I have my idol set to 735 and it feels stable.  I tried it lower at like 685 or something but it wasn’t stable at low speed on off throttle situation.  And would stall if you where try to back into a parking spot on a steep hill if you had to get on and off the throttle a bunch

Yeah mine was set at 800 and it wanted to creep hard.lowered to 750 and its about perfect

23 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

The c7 vette, which the engine is identical, has a stock redline of 6500 rpm. So 6200 is no problem 

Correct but if you have an early 2014 L86 with stock springs beware running it that high.  They had problems with valve springs breaking.  They had yellow paint on them.  They later switched to the valve spring with blue paint that was updated design.

4 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

Correct but if you have an early 2014 L86 with stock springs beware running it that high.  They had problems with valve springs breaking.  They had yellow paint on them.  They later switched to the valve spring with blue paint that was updated design.

Exactly. I thought I had an afm lifter failure. But it was a broke spring and bent pushrod. It happened while towing at 2500 rpms.