Illuminated Door Handle Issue Using Remote Start

My 2017 Sierra SLT crew cab I added the 4 lighted door handles all worked well for 2 months  now I have a issue.  Problem when I use my remote start the driver side front door handle does not light up but the back driver side handle  works and defaults into amber instead of white light. Also while driving the front driver door handle blinker does not work I've also had were both the driver and back driver side door handle will default to amber while the passenger side defaults to white.   If I shut the truck off with remote and then cycle through without using the remote start all works well the 4 lighted door handles light up white at night as they should and the amber  blinker mode works correctly. Any thoughts of what might be causing the driver handle to default to off. Any idea were to start looking I'm leaning toward the remote start. 

50 minutes ago, Carmen Angelo said:

My 2017 Sierra SLT crew cab I added the 4 lighted door handles all worked well for 2 months  now I have a issue.  Problem when I use my remote start the driver side front door handle does not light up but the back driver side handle  works and defaults into amber instead of white light. Also while driving the front driver door handle blinker does not work I've also had were both the driver and back driver side door handle will default to amber while the passenger side defaults to white.   If I shut the truck off with remote and then cycle through without using the remote start all works well the 4 lighted door handles light up white at night as they should and the amber  blinker mode works correctly. Any thoughts of what might be causing the driver handle to default to off. Any idea were to start looking I'm leaning toward the remote start. 

Who did you purchase the wiring harness from?

13 hours ago, Carmen Angelo said:

I was involved along with a shop that does OEM Dealer  service  along with custom work. 

Personally I would check with them, just for the fact not too sure how many on the site have done this mod.

You can PM Phil Gamboa, he does this sort of thing for a living, one of the best sources on the site for anything aftermarket/factory electrical. 

Edited by JimCost2014

Sounds to me - you had Factory Escalade Door Handles retrofitted with custom white/amber switchback LEDs. These operate with 2 power sources going to them. The typical fashion of the wiring is that the trucks Running Light is wired to the white led circuit and the Turn Signal is wired to the amber circuit.

There is no telling how this shop/dealer did the wiring. There are MANY ways to get this running light signal to the doors. My guess is that they didn’t tie it to the official running light circuit.

Here is what/how you can check.

During the daytime (make sure you are not in your garage or shaded area - also not on a cloudy day where your headlights come on automatically).

Turn on your left turn signal, then right turn signal. Do they blink amber? Then, turn your headlight switch to park lamp mode. This is the position in between auto and all the way to the right. What happens? All handles should be on white. If they are, turn on left turn signal. They should blink amber, then go back to white when turn signal is off.

I suspect they didn’t wire this the way that I would have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Phil will do the check in the morning once day light hits.....Up until the remote started to acted up I didn't have a problem with the drivers front door handle light all worked well since  November when we installed them. As of now in the dark if I press the lock button all 4 door handles flash amber then white then off. If I  press the key-fob lock more then once in a row fast the door handles flash amber then they simply turn off normal. If I press the unlock they flash amber then turn white and stay on as normal then turn off. If I start the truck with the key they come on then go off and if I turn the blinker on each side the 2 door handles will blink to the corresponding side I initiated for the blinkers to light up as they should in amber.  Now if I engage the remote start all 4 of the door handles will flash amber then go off normal. If I go to unlock the doors with the key-fob 3 of the doors will light up white operate as normal except the drivers door it will not light up nor will it work even when I put the key in the ignition and turn the truck on nor will that particular door light amber when you engage the turn signal. Once I cycle through by turning the truck off and then simply start the truck all 4 door handles will work as they should. It seems something is causing a circuit to not operate when using the remote start. I had trouble with it intermittently and yesterday it would not work at all later in the day yet this morning  it worked. I do know about cycling it 2 X in a row it will shut itself off till you start the truck and drive  but yesterday that did not work either. I am bringing it in the dealer in the AM for the remote start  the truck is still under warranty I just had it in for the Canadian Recall rear window Defogger issues the truck is from Canada I live in Ohio.  When I bought the truck I was not told about the recall I found out when I went to use the heated exterior mirrors and they did not work in a snow storm ?. I found out when the vehicle was imported from Canada to the U.S. they did the normal conversion from metric to the standard U.S. it was mandatory disconnected the rear defogger till parts were available for the recall repair. I will be taking it back to the shop were I had the work done on the switch back lighted door handles as they did some pretty extensive wiring to get them to all work if the remote issue is not the problem. They also installed a set of  back factory lighted back step plates  that I purchased and converted from front lighted step plate by cutting them down to a size to fit the back  step plate area it looks factory very clean  i'll post a photo shortly of them on another thread.   

Edited by Carmen Angelo
Spelling

I would like to add that I do not have these door handles lights wired up to run at night or day as additional running lights they only operate as blinkers and courtesy lights they are way too bright even for the day time to be on continually.  I bought the set from MID South LED they upgraded the LED's to a super bright appearance and they are bright as for the amber blinkers they work great very visible. 

Edited by Carmen Angelo
spelling / addtional info

I would like to add that I do not have these door handles lights wired up to run at night or day as additional running lights they only operate as blinkers and courtesy lights they are way too bright even for the day time to be on continually.  I bought the set from MID South LED they upgraded the LED's to a super bright appearance and they are bright as for the amber blinkers they work great very visible. 
Any pics of them in the dark? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk