Heated Seats??

I am looking at buying a 2016 GMC Sierra SLE Texas Edition. The Owner had leather seats, navigation, and other things upgraded from the factory. But he says the seats dont have heated seats yet the two buttons are built in on the dash like every other truck I have seen. Is there a way to hook these up to make it work? 

59A2A277-F37B-442E-AEC6-E6E9354ED357.png

6920088A-090C-40F1-986C-21074B19A998.png

4 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Maybe he just put that bezel in there I know there was a in depth thread on this it’s def not a 123 kinda mod. I will try and find the thread on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe i read through that thread briefly, and thats what prompted me posting here. Seems strange that bezel came from the factory but it does not have heated seats.

I think wams should now have the ability to program the bcm. Iirc they have a bcm program service now. Might be worth checking it out. I swapped heated seats in mine just to have power. I hope to get the heated portion working in the future.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Yea that’s strange it’s def a factory bezel but maybe off a diff model truck that had heated seats in it. Or it has them and they just don’t work. I would def try and get a little more history on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

You can always look under the passenger seat for the black heat module. As stated maybe the elements or module is defective and the seller just said the truck didn't come with...

that is what i am hoping as i can fix myself and not that it is just a feature thats not possible to obtain. Going to look at the truck in person on friday anything you guys could think of to beware when looking at a used gmc youve seen since you have owned your trucks?

that is what i am hoping as i can fix myself and not that it is just a feature thats not possible to obtain. Going to look at the truck in person on friday anything you guys could think of to beware when looking at a used gmc youve seen since you have owned your trucks?
Right on. I suggest taking it to a local shop and have them go over it thoroughly. These trucks can be full of issues.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, BlaineBug said:

The leather seats are there from the factory and so are the switches?  I would think that they have to be heated.  Doesn't make sense why it would have been sold that way but not functional.

thats exactly my thoughts, but I am going to pass on this truck too many strange things about it.

• Thanks 1

I think wams should now have the ability to program the bcm. Iirc they have a bcm program service now. Might be worth checking it out. I swapped heated seats in mine just to have power. I hope to get the heated portion working in the future.

Yup enabling that is one of the standard features of the WAMS spec BCM.
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2020 at 2:49 PM, Fsu11 said:

I am looking at buying a 2016 GMC Sierra SLE Texas Edition. The Owner had leather seats, navigation, and other things upgraded from the factory. But he says the seats dont have heated seats yet the two buttons are built in on the dash like every other truck I have seen. Is there a way to hook these up to make it work? 

Is it a flood /salvage vehicle?

3 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

Is it a flood /salvage vehicle?

nothing leads me to think so, but not continuing with the search and hadnt seen it in person yet otherwise would have pulled car fax

19 minutes ago, Fsu11 said:

nothing leads me to think so, but not continuing with the search and hadnt seen it in person yet otherwise would have pulled car fax

Peeps will sometimes DIY or farm it out avoiding insurance cos and getting dinged on resale. Caveat emptor.