best tune/programmer and CAI for 2017 6.2L

I used to have a Pedal Commander on my truck before I added the Supercharger and loved it. It wasn't a tune and didn't give you anymore HP but it made the truck feel a lot more responsive and feel stronger. I enjoyed it. If it didn't mess with my HP Tune then Id still have it. Worth a try. Any kind of canned tune and CAI isnt going to do much and probably wont feel it. I didn't feel anything when I did my CAI and Exhaust with a Superchips tune so I went the Whipple route. Good luck to you 

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Adding a CAI is a 33% you’ll gain, 33% you won’t and 33% you’ll lose power.

I’ve got a SuperChips tune on my 18 6.2 and it’s awesome, completely woke up the 6.2.

If the technician finds a tune just by plugging into then you’re SCREWED! It’ll be reported to GM and your warranty will be deleted.

With my SuperChips, I’ve put it back to stock that morning I take it in and set it back to performance once I pick it up. The 8speed cannot be tuned through SuperChips but I don’t race my truck, if I did it would’ve been traded in by now. Good luck and be careful, based on issues plaguing K2’s and newer T1’s, you don’t want to screw around with your warranty!

Sent from Above

The whole loss of warranty is the only thing that gives me pause.

• Like 1

The whole loss of warranty is the only thing that gives me pause.

Fully agree! I was just like you, there’s nothing that’s going to make you feel 100% safe but canned tunes are definitely a safer option. You can turn off the fuel management, reset tire size, boost 25plus horsepower and torque, speed limiter and much much more. SuperChips does back their product giving full power train warranty for 3 or 4 years.

I feel that we’ve already got the powerful 6.2 and just unleashing it will make a noticeable difference, in addition, I’m not running CAI or an exhaust. I am Using the best oil and filter, ensuring protection along with differential and transfer case fluids, early proactive maintenance will help insure a long life.

Sent from Above

Btw, I NEVER race my truck, it just burns up the new KO2 tires as it did with the previous Nitto Ridge Grapplers too. You can also add about 6 gallons of E85 and the rest Super to every tank which is what I do in order to help keep my engine clean and definitely notice a bit more throttle response too. Good luck!

Sent from Above

For what it's worth even with a superchips that you have that you flash back to stock with before taking it in, they can still see that you did that. It logs the history of computer flashes, so you'd be boned either way. Maybe you already knew that though.

For what it's worth even with a superchips that you have that you flash back to stock with before taking it in, they can still see that you did that. It logs the history of computer flashes, so you'd be boned either way. Maybe you already knew that though.

I’ve taken it in once for an electrical steering issues, they ran full diagnostics and never found that it was ever tuned but did find the negative battery cable issue. I asked if they ran a scan and yes they did but didn’t find or mention anything either. SuperChips claims it leaves zero trace, It’s a gamble no matter what you do.

Sent from Above

I believe the only thing they can see is the “miles since codes cleared”. When flashing the internal mileage is set to zero again like clearing codes. They can say hey this truck wasn’t in the shop, but mileage was reset. I also believe they can just see something was done, but not what was done. Just a guess. I’m not worried. Enjoy your truck, enjoy life. It’s too short to worry about the little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 2:00 PM, durandetto said:

I would look into modifying the stock box, buy a good dry reusable filter and an airade MIT. Also, the Diablo tuner with a custom tune is probably the easiest route for a tune. Diablew makes a good tune and it's a pretty simple process and the price isn't bad either. That's the route I took with my 5.3 and I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Did you notice much Hp in tbe tuner

• 4 weeks later...
My truck is factory stock and I was thinking about a tune to get a bit more power, disable AFM and generally increase drive-ability.  Why would I chose an HP Tuners tune over a Diablosport Tune?  What does an HP Tuners tune cost?
I have done some research and I understand that a CAI will add a few HP and some torque at the very top of the RPM band.  Not sure that benefits me when towing the boat or in my daily driving.
I don't want to spend the money on headers and a new exhaust.  I also understand that there is no easy way to tune my trans.  Something about sending the unit to HP Tuners and have them make a physical modification to enable tuning.  That isn't going to happen.  Perhaps if I were doing a power adder or cam and lifters.  i also understand that there isn't really much HP and torque to be found in a naturally aspirated engine.  What are some realistic gains?
I have a K&N Cold Air Intake in great shape with additional features. Send me a message if you are interested and you can have it for a great price.
Ric

12 minutes ago, rremesal said:

I have a K&N Cold Air Intake in great shape with additional features. Send me a message if you are interested and you can have it for a great price.
Ric

Thanks.  That truck is long gone.  I got a 2020 Trail Boss with the 5.3 back in March.  :)