Cruise control quit working

Not sure if this still holds true but on older GM cars if the 3rd brake light was out the cruise control stopped working.

I'd check any related fuse for cruise control and another possibilty is the brake switch on the brake pedal. If this is at fault/sticking, it won't allow for cruise control.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry Boyter said:

Cruise control quit working . Still getting light on steering wheel but will not engage so I do not get green light on dash.

2014 GMC 2500 duramax diesel. Please help if you have any ideas.

thanks

2 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Not sure if this still holds true but on older GM cars if the 3rd brake light was out the cruise control stopped working.

I'd check any related fuse for cruise control and another possibilty is the brake switch on the brake pedal. If this is at fault/sticking, it won't allow for cruise control.

I was about to make a similar suggestion....check your brake lights.  If they're ON with no one pressing the pedal, OR if any of the lights are not working.  Usually, if the tail/brake lights are not lighting up (bad bulb), the dash lights don't work.

3 hours ago, Jerry Boyter said:

Cruise control quit working . Still getting light on steering wheel but will not engage so I do not get green light on dash.

2014 GMC 2500 duramax diesel. Please help if you have any ideas.

thanks

Probably the brake switch under the dash.  Don't bother "cleaning" it, just spend the $20 on a new ACDelco or GM OE, 5 minutes and done.  That is of course, if the K2s have the same setup as the 900s!