Brake wear sensor or abs sensor

Was working on the frontend of 2020 Silverado 1500 and what I am guessing is the brake wear sensor or abs sensor pulled out. Looks like a little rounded magnetic plug. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to reinstall it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by Kableguy

ABS sensor bolts in place so probably was the pad wear sensor.  You won't find a mirror image on the other side as the wear sensor is only on the left front and left rear brake pads.  It should just clip onto the inboard pad.  

padsensor.thumb.jpg.1ca6e0ebceeedee49fedee16902e6aad.jpg

pad.jpg.a9ba85cd305283802f1ffb99b963f32b.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys. On the subject of these damned sensors, on my DIC only the rear %age is showing, but the front %age is just blank. As in dashes. (_ _ _).. what can this be? I’ve already tried resetting after replacing front pads, but it’s still blank. Is it a bad sensor that I’ll have to replace? Thanks for any info/thoughts. 

28 minutes ago, Sntos20RST said:

Hey guys. On the subject of these damned sensors, on my DIC only the rear %age is showing, but the front %age is just blank. As in dashes. (_ _ _).. what can this be? I’ve already tried resetting after replacing front pads, but it’s still blank. Is it a bad sensor that I’ll have to replace? Thanks for any info/thoughts. 

I just saw the problem- the sensor came loose somehow and now it’s F’d. Have to replace. Hope I can find an OEM. 

• 2 weeks later...