Filling in "Chevrolet" on the rear tailgate.

I am not really one to do too much customizing with add ons and stick ons.  I usually only do things that are helpful, nerf bars, tonneau tops etc.  On my 2020 I didn't add on the front hood bug deflector.  On these generation they had to be taped on.  One thing I did do was fill in the "Chevrolet" on the tailgate.  Actually my wife did it.  She is more artistic.  They come in different colors and patterns.  I went with basic black and glad I did.  I think they really do dress on the tailgate.  They are offered on Amazon at different prices.

20200211_135522.jpg

Edited by Johnny Ola
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Yea there's several threads already with tailgate letter inserts and many pictures. This also could've been added to the what have you done to your T1 today thread.

I sort of thought there would be.  Being the new kid on the block.  I am still playing catch up with the forum.

• Like 1

It's fun to buy crap to fill in all the hollow recessed lettering on tailgate, sports bar, running boards and bed caps. I have the RST bowtie grille.....if I had the hollow letter CHEVROLET front grille there would be white reflective material behind the letters to make them popDSCN0628.JPG.cb9907249ecc59f8f179bd78076831c5.JPGDSCN0645.JPG.cb336ffbb56f71c0feaa5424e4a00d35.JPGDSCN0704.JPG.396f12e82ed9b1877c6bde3f4b2c994c.JPGDSCN0764.JPG.e14d1931d0101f69e5fd853dc09e1f3f.JPG.

9 hours ago, Johnny Ola said:

***  I usually only do things that are helpful, nerf bars, tonneau tops etc.  On my 2020 I didn't add on the front hood bug deflector.  On these generation they had to be taped on.  One thing I did do was fill in the "Chevrolet" on the tailgate.  ***

Actually you can add a decent no tape removable off-the-hood bug deflector. Not taping one of those stick on the hood ones on mine. And not taking a chance that like leving on a wet hood bra, over time water, dirt and crap will get past the seams in the 3M tape and with engine heat and  Summer Sun it will cook the mess and like the hood bra turn the clear coat milky white.

Holes under hood for mounting an external hood bug defector are extremely small and shallow, BUT EGR makes one thaa fits with custom plastic clips that fit the existing holes. Difficult to install following their directions, easy to install with one added step....to pilot the holes in the connectors by first cutting the threads using the self tapping screws before installation. Once installed can easily be removed and replaced for cleaning or waxing without a trace.

Like your color.

DSCN0761.JPG.22c3db243443292a678d35d6ddde4909.JPG

Edited by Thomcat

4 hours ago, smit303 said:

Navy veteran? I see the emblem peeking out on your plate. Thanks for your service. Welcome to the forum.  

Yes l am. You are quite welcome.  Served on two tin cans out of Pearl.  Really great duty back in the 60's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Actually you can add a decent no tape removable off-the-hood bug deflector. Not taping one of those stick on the hood ones on mine. And not taking a chance that like leving on a wet hood bra, over time water, dirt and crap will get past the seams in the 3M tape and with engine heat and  Summer Sun it will cook the mess and like the hood bra turn the clear coat milky white.

Holes under hood for mounting an external hood bug defector are extremely small and shallow, BUT EGR makes one thaa fits with custom plastic clips that fit the existing holes. Difficult to install following their directions, easy to install with one added step....to pilot the holes in the connectors by first cutting the threads using the self tapping screws before installation. Once installed can easily be removed and replaced for cleaning or waxing without a trace.

Like your color.

DSCN0761.JPG.22c3db243443292a678d35d6ddde4909.JPG

I sometimes wonder if the big deflectors are really worth installing.  I put them on a few trucks and SUV's I have owned, and still get bugs on the windshield, especially down here in Florida during lovebug season.  The last couple of years I have been using products from Grigots Garage to help cut down on bug splatter.  So far they do an adequate job.  They do help the make the cleanup much easier.  It seems all the rage now is "Ceramic" coatings.  I might try one of the spray on ceramics.  Even the local car wash now offers ceramic coating!

2 hours ago, Thomcat said:

It's fun to buy crap to fill in all the hollow recessed lettering on tailgate, sports bar, running boards and bed caps. I have the RST bowtie grille.....if I had the hollow letter CHEVROLET front grille there would be white reflective material behind the letters to make them popDSCN0628.JPG.cb9907249ecc59f8f179bd78076831c5.JPGDSCN0645.JPG.cb336ffbb56f71c0feaa5424e4a00d35.JPGDSCN0704.JPG.396f12e82ed9b1877c6bde3f4b2c994c.JPGDSCN0764.JPG.e14d1931d0101f69e5fd853dc09e1f3f.JPG.

Great looking truck!  Really like the red and black contrast.  Here is my situation.  I have been leasing for just about 30 years and really don't want to put more money in a vehicle that really don't own or will keep.

Most everything that people are installing on their hoods are just protectors meant to stop paint chipping on the leading edge of hood, they do nothing for keeping bugs off the windshield.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Johnny Ola said:

I am not really one to do too much customizing with add ons and stick ons.  I usually only do things that are helpful, nerf bars, tonneau tops etc.  On my 2020 I didn't add on the front hood bug deflector.  On these generation they had to be taped on.  One thing I did do was fill in the "Chevrolet" on the tailgate.  Actually my wife did it.  She is more artistic.  They come in different colors and patterns.  I went with basic black and glad I did.  I think they really do dress on the tailgate.  They are offered on Amazon at different prices.

20200211_135522.jpg

Looks good man.  

6 hours ago, Johnny Ola said:

Yes l am. You are quite welcome.  Served on two tin cans out of Pearl.  Really great duty back in the 60's.

I served with Attack Squadron Twelve on board CVA 62 during the early 70's. Two Med cruises. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Your truck is looking awesome. Loving the red and black.  Keep it simple as you said.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Ola said:

20200211_135522.jpg

Did the same with mine. You go with the  vinyl or the abs?

IMG_0537 tail gate.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Booger T said:

Did the same with mine. You go with the  vinyl or the abs?

IMG_0537 tail gate.jpg

Went with the cheapest LOL,  I got the ABS.

BDTrims Tailgate Raised Letters Compatible with 2019 2020 Silverado Models (Black)

by BDTrims

Price: $39.95 & FREE Shipping

Color: Black
  • RAISED LETTERS Made of high quality plastic. They are NOT thin vinyl decals!
  • WEATHER AND CAR WASH SAFE, outstanding resistance to long-term exposure to sunlight and weathering.
  • SIMPLE INSTALLATION takes only minutes and can be maintained without any technical skills.
  • GUARANTEED TO LAST FOR YEARS, authentic BDTrims™ product with 5 Year warranty.
  • MADE IN USA, precisely laser cut for perfect fit and look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smit303 said:

I served with Attack Squadron Twelve on board CVA 62 during the early 70's. Two Med cruises. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Your truck is looking awesome. Loving the red and black.  Keep it simple as you said.

Made a WesPac in '64. Got a swap to another tin can and went right back to WesPac.  Even got to see the coastline of Viet Nam in '65.  One thing about being on a tin can.  You got to do every thing a sailor could do.....even if you didn't want to LOL.

• Haha 1