Coolant hose swap out and now no circulation

Hey guys,

I just swapped out the upper and lower rad hoses, and the coolant sensor. I did not do the T stat as I just did that not too long ago. This is on my 2000 7.4 l

I filled the radiator. Burped it. Upper hose isn’t getting warm, engine is getting too warm (not dangerously high.)

Also did the bypass hose as it was leaking just a tiny bit at times.

Is there a bleeder valve that I’m unaware of?

Maybe I have air in the system as I didn’t remove the t stat???

There was sediment in the coolant drained default_sad.png that is not a good sign)

Heat was working great before I did this. Coolant was gross.6bb726a352345c16bf130e29eaaef477.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fill the engine through the top radiator hose, then hook it back up and top off the radiator.

Though I guess on a 5.7 that would mean taking the thermostat out first to fill the engine to the top of that.

LS engines are a tad different.

Edited by CamGTP
  • Like 1

Fill the engine through the top radiator hose, then hook it back up and top off the radiator.

Though I guess on a 5.7 that would mean taking the thermostat out first to fill the engine to the top of that.

LS engines are a tad different.

I considered doing this too, but may try just getting the rad full and see where it goes. If it won’t go I’ll pull the top rad hose and fill from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk