Fender Flares

46 minutes ago, vonrokker said:

How hard was it to put on?

They weren’t hard at all, the directions that came with it were clear and easy to follow. If you know how to use a screw driver, you can install them yourself haha. I’m a mechanic by no means at all, but it is something you need to take your time on. It took me about 3 hours to install them. Most of that was spent on the first flare and ensuring the rubber seal was symmetrical. All it entails really is removing and re-using the screws from the factory “mud flaps” and snapping some clips into place. You will need a t15 torx screw driver, I picked up a kit from Walmart for about $10. 

• 2 weeks later...

NCD,   That looks real good.   I just put 1.5" spacers on my trail boss and with the tires sticking out I may get some of these flares.   Will drive  it a little  while with offset before purchasing.  But I like  how the RC pocket flares are not overbearing and overwhelming  like some I have seen.   Just enough...

Good choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Do the fender flares cover the air dam/side vent holes that go into the inner wheel well housing? If so, do they need to be cut out of the fender flares or is it okay to just block the airflow? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:04 PM, NCD said:

They weren’t hard at all, the directions that came with it were clear and easy to follow. If you know how to use a screw driver, you can install them yourself haha. I’m a mechanic by no means at all, but it is something you need to take your time on. It took me about 3 hours to install them. Most of that was spent on the first flare and ensuring the rubber seal was symmetrical. All it entails really is removing and re-using the screws from the factory “mud flaps” and snapping some clips into place. You will need a t15 torx screw driver, I picked up a kit from Walmart for about $10. 

did you have to remove the factory "mud flaps" in order to install these, or do they stay in place?  mine has those little flaps as well but i dont necessarily want to remove them to add fender flares.  others flares that i have seen appear to not have the mud flaps installed.

4 hours ago, MikeyW said:

did you have to remove the factory "mud flaps" in order to install these, or do they stay in place?  mine has those little flaps as well but i dont necessarily want to remove them to add fender flares.  others flares that i have seen appear to not have the mud flaps installed.

You have to remove the front one, but you can keep the rear one.