Removing Cigarette lighter to install toggle

Looking for a how to or some insight on the most efficient way to remove a cigarette lighter to replace it with a toggle switch that will operate an LED light bar. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have searched through here only to find broken links to old conversations that do not work anymore. 2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain Crew Cab

You have to remove the lighter socket the way the previous video shows. Then cut it off just behind the plastic clips. The switch I used is from oznium.com. it is the perfect size for the socket and you can keep the factory cover on. 486f0fc80a552edaa80549c3e8e93e62.jpg6d42e82abca541116f3ec17d2eeba21b.jpgf963b027b1228b1e019cd25d6413938f.jpg50fbdd153e7126b2dfb96f3d8bff36e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have to remove the metal socket and cut the back half off just behind the clips so you can put it back into the plastic cap. The diameter of the switch is too small to secure without the metal of the socket. I can pull it apart and take some more pics tomorrow if you think that's the way you want to go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm looking at doing something similar to this with the one on the back of the center console, but with a pair of USB ports.  Plus, I'm going to put a second set on the opposite side (in the back).  I'm looking at having to remove my center console to complete this.  I imagine that the front ones are just as easy.  You may have to watch your AMPs on the fuse for them.