Leveling shocks???

So the time has come to level the truck. I attempted to install the 1.5 Motofab lower spacers on my RST Z71 but I didn’t like how close they were to the CV boot and axles. So I started researching and found a couple options. So hopefully a few of you could help guide me.

1. Has anyone ran the new Eibach leveling shock? If so give your feedback.

2. Has anyone heard when the Bilstein 5100 leveling struts are coming? (I had the 5100 on my Ram and loved them).

3. I found Rough Country has a 2” coilover leveling kit available, I don’t too much about them but I am intrigued.

4. Last option would be to go GM 2” lift then do a level with the new Rough Country or ReadyLift Kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the 1.5 Motofab lower spacers installed now. They are coming out as soon as I get my Rough country 2 inch leveling struts. Don't like the closeness to the boots either. RC stopped selling lower spacers for the 2019 to 2020 all together. Good luck. will post when i"m done. 

• Like 1

I have the 1.5 Motofab lower spacers installed now. They are coming out as soon as I get my Rough country 2 inch leveling struts. Don't like the closeness to the boots either. RC stopped selling lower spacers for the 2019 to 2020 all together. Good luck. will post when i"m done. 

Awesome!!! Please post up. I am getting impatient lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the MotoFab 1.5 but yet to install, thinking of investing in just the longer strut instaed
guessing in wont deviate from the factory geometry

I am thinking the longer strut seems to be the best option for these trucks. I read in another post someone was piecing the GM front lift together. That interested me as well.

I’m not clear what a longer strut provides compared to an upper spacer. I see where a lower spaced can interfere with the CV Axel, but an upper should not have the same issue. The only advantage I see is if the longer aftermarket strut is of higher quality than stock. 

Except for CV clearance I don’t understand why a top spacer would be better than a lower. Front end geometry should be same for same height lift. 

I’m not clear what a longer strut provides compared to an upper spacer. I see where a lower spaced can interfere with the CV Axel, but an upper should not have the same issue. The only advantage I see is if the longer aftermarket strut is of higher quality than stock. 

Except for CV clearance I don’t understand why a top spacer would be better than a lower. Front end geometry should be same for same height lift. 

Biggest reason I don’t want to do top spacer is I believe in all the spacers I have seen you have to cut the factory bolts shorter. I don’t want to do that. I had great success with Bilstein 5100 on Ram and the ride was an upgrade but they still aren’t available yet. I haven’t had experience with Eibach or Rough Country.

I'm looking at replacing my spacers too some time in the future.  If I were to do it right now, I would go with the Eibach pro strut option.  They have a spring option too, but I would opt for the better ride too. On their website they mention an additional part number you should buy to be able to properly align afterwards.  I found that interesting as no other strut option mentioned anything similar...

On 3/7/2020 at 10:10 AM, Royall577 said:

So the time has come to level the truck. I attempted to install the 1.5 Motofab lower spacers on my RST Z71 but I didn’t like how close they were to the CV boot and axles. So I started researching and found a couple options. So hopefully a few of you could help guide me.

2. Has anyone heard when the Bilstein 5100 leveling struts are coming? (I had the 5100 on my Ram and loved them).

3. I found Rough Country has a 2” coilover leveling kit available, I don’t too much about them but I am intrigued.

4. Last option would be to go GM 2” lift then do a level with the new Rough Country or ReadyLift Kit.

Interested in #3 as well.  Comes pre-assembled with pre-loaded coil, basically bolt-in.

Also considering using front struts from OEM 2" lift kit, part #84535467.  Reuse existing coil springs and essentially make the same setup with oem parts.  Install might cost more, but the struts are less expensive.

• Like 1

Interested in #3 as well.  Comes pre-assembled with pre-loaded coil, basically bolt-in.

Also considering using front struts from OEM 2" lift kit, part #84535467.  Reuse existing coil springs and essentially make the same setup with oem parts.  Install might cost more, but the struts are less expensive.

That’s a good point about the OEM struts. Thanks for adding that to my list[emoji23]. Rough Country gets a bad rap sometimes and I haven’t heard and reviews yet some I am hesitant. But for $319 it makes it hard to look away.

Rancho has a new leveling strut and nine settings for ride control with spacer/shim  for sway bar for the 2019 .o'reilly's has it for about $300. chatted with Rancho on difference between the factory 2" leveling kit with cv axles and this kit , stated that it was a factory specification , new struts don't interfere with cv axles  .

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 8:10 AM, Royall577 said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ICON and Fox both have leveling coil overs..

• Like 2