Leveling shocks???

Rancho has a new leveling strut and nine settings for ride control with spacer/shim  for sway bar for the 2019 .o'reilly's has it for about $300. chatted with Rancho on difference between the factory 2" leveling kit with cv axles and this kit , stated that it was a factory specification , new struts don't interfere with cv axles  .

I just found them. Thanks for the input! Something else to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking of going with the Fox coil overs. They have the 2.0’s available for the standard models but won’t have the ones for the AT4 for another month or so they’ve told me. Those will be 2.5’s with the external reservoir. Mines a 20 AT4 so there’s not much on the market right now that’s not a spacer. 

• Like 1

I posted  my experience With the past Rancho leveling strut on the 2019+ leveled board three days ago. Had two sets on my 2009 Silverado.  There ok but the knobs seize up after a few years. . After I post it. I e-mailed Rancho. Here’s there response.  

I see you finally came out with the 2 inch fully loaded leveling strut  for the 2019 2020 Silverado. . RS66310R9 I had two sets on my 2009 Silverado.. First set lasted a little over 4 years. Not bad.. Traded in the truck for a 2020 before having to replacing them. But in both cases the adjustments would seize up about 2 years in. So you where stuck where ever you had them.You could go up, but not back down. If they did anything at that point.  Was kind of hoping you got rid of the adjustment on these shocks. If they don't last the life of the shock. What good are they?

response

I apologize for the issue that you have gotten from the adjustment nobs on our RS9000 series. I will document in our system, about this issue. If you happen to run into this issue, we can have adjustment nobs sent out to you.

Kevin Stinnette
Technical Resource Center
Gurus On-Call
+1.314.977.0653

• Like 1

So I just pulled the trigger on the new Rancho leveling sturts. Found them on 4WheelParts with 10% off and free shipping. I will let y’all know how they run when they get installed.

I posted  my experience With the past Rancho leveling strut on the 2019+ leveled board three days ago. Had two sets on my 2009 Silverado.  There ok but the knobs seize up after a few years. . After I post it. I e-mailed Rancho. Here’s there response.  

I see you finally came out with the 2 inch fully loaded leveling strut  for the 2019 2020 Silverado. . RS66310R9 I had two sets on my 2009 Silverado.. First set lasted a little over 4 years. Not bad.. Traded in the truck for a 2020 before having to replacing them. But in both cases the adjustments would seize up about 2 years in. So you where stuck where ever you had them.You could go up, but not back down. If they did anything at that point.  Was kind of hoping you got rid of the adjustment on these shocks. If they don't last the life of the shock. What good are they?

response

I apologize for the issue that you have gotten from the adjustment nobs on our RS9000 series. I will document in our system, about this issue. If you happen to run into this issue, we can have adjustment nobs sent out to you.

Kevin Stinnette
Technical Resource Center
Gurus On-Call
+1.314.977.0653

Thank you for posting this!

So I got my RC 2 inch Leveling Struts. I Wanted them in for the weekend so I could use my truck instead of work on it. Plus having a second par of hands would be nice as and member posted to me when he removed his.   My two other sets of hands are never around when you need them.  So I took it to the dealer just to get it done. I talked with the service guy . Went talked  with the tech. Said 2-2.5 hours labor. Plus alignment.  Though was fair. Then I get a call at work the desk guy calls.  The main tech said oh this is going to take way long. So I got him on the phone. He question my lower spacer said it way close. I say I know that's why it has to come out out. I told the guy at the desk it has to come out he wrote it down. . He never told him what was going on. I said your just swapping out the strut assembly. I told him I put the spacers in and how I did it. Told him He might half to remove the axle nut for clearance .  I asked him. They never put in a TB kit. He was worried about damaging the axle boot he says it a new truck. I"m like your a Chevy dealer. Explained what I wanted done. Which was never relayed to him.  Always nice when you have to tell your dealer how the job is done.  Didn't leave me with a good feeling at all. He said he would get it done. Price went up some. Should get it back tomorrow. I hope it rides just as nice as the factory shocks. The factory spring dia is 18 mm or .708 diameter. The Rough country spring measured 11/16 or .6875 diameter. So it not a strong as the factory spring. But the dampening might be different on the RC. The new Ranchos with the valves are ok. I think I ran them set at 3 or 4 in the front when I had them. It was a little firm. But nice on the street. Planted. But I like how the factory shocks just soak up  the bumps. Fingers crossed

Edited by xsquid
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Royall577 said:

So I just got the call from 4WheelParts and the Ranchos are on backorder with no ETA. So back to the drawing board.

just get eibach with springs....sure they'll be fine....everyone seems to love em and have to believe they are lil better than ranchos

• Like 1

So I got my RC 2 inch Leveling Struts. I Wanted them in for the weekend so I could use my truck instead of work on it. Plus having a second par of hands would be nice as and member posted to me when he removed his.   My two other sets of hands are never around when you need them.  So I took it to the dealer just to get it done. I talked with the service guy . Went talked  with the tech. Said 2-2.5 hours labor. Plus alignment.  Though was fair. Then I get a call at work the desk guy calls.  The main tech said oh this is going to take way long. So I got him on the phone. He question my lower spacer said it way close. I say I know that's why it has to come out out. I told the guy at the desk it has to come out he wrote it down. . He never told him what was going on. I said your just swapping out the strut assembly. I told him I put the spacers in and how I did it. Told him He might half to remove the axle nut for clearance .  I asked him. They never put in a TB kit. He was worried about damaging the axle boot he says it a new truck. I"m like your a Chevy dealer. Explained what I wanted done. Which was never relayed to him.  Always nice when you have to tell your dealer how the job is done.  Didn't leave me with a good feeling at all. He said he would get it done. Price went up some. Should get it back tomorrow. I hope it rides just as nice as the factory shocks. The factory spring dia is 18 mm or .708 diameter. The Rough country spring measured 11/16 or .6875 diameter. So it not a strong as the factory spring. But the dampening might be different on the RC. The new Ranchos with the valves are ok. I think I ran them set at 3 or 4 in the front when I had them. It was a little firm. But nice on the street. Planted. But I like how the factory shocks just soak up  the bumps. Fingers crossed

Sorry to hear your experience. I am fortunate that my father in law is the service manager and I have only one guy that works on my vehicles( I even took my Ram to him). I am either going to get the Eibach or 5100. I do like the way my truck rides and I only need 1.5” to level. Just need some solid reviews before I purchase anything else.

1 hour ago, Royall577 said:

Sorry to hear your experience. I am fortunate that my father in law is the service manager and I have only one guy that works on my vehicles( I even took my Ram to him). I am either going to get the Eibach or 5100. I do like the way my truck rides and I only need 1.5” to level. Just need some solid reviews before I purchase anything else.

Eibach is the way to go take it from me. I’ve put a few hundred miles on mine and this is how the truck should have come from GM. The bouncy ride is completely gone, when I used to go over speed bumps the truck would pogo up and down a minimum of 3 times before settling, now I just get one nice tight rebound. On road performance is crazy,  I more nose dipping when braking into corners, no more sloppy swaying when your in the corner. It’s just nice and tight. 

Off-road is decent, not the best not the worst but I haven’t aired down my tires yet so it’s hard to tell but I have turned the TC off and done some high speed prerunner stuff on gravel and the back end is nice and planted when the tires break loose, very controlled drifts. 

Installation may deter some, there really are no specific vehicle install instructions from Eibach. I just tore out the old suspension and used spring compressors to remove the bottom and top perch plus bump stop and strut washer. Eibach provides the spring and struts only for the front. The rear shocks took around 5 mins each to swap out. I saved a few hundred by installing myself and now I know it’s done right.

Seriously you will not find a better suspension set up for under $700. I put Icon stage one coils on my Tacoma and those were $1700...can’t tell any difference, I think the Eibachs are actually better on the road which is where we spend most of our time driving these trucks. 

• Like 5

Also everyone with the rancho struts should look at the rust and corrosion accumulating at the mounting points of the struts. Rancho only puts a thin layer of paint on the shock body and it will rust through eventually!
The Eibach struts are finished in stainless steel and have a much better looking finish on the springs too. 

9E113C91-370D-4534-8E4C-0A109BAEE2B0.jpeg

A7276C0B-27CD-4CAC-9A5B-44437BA719DE.jpeg

• Like 2

Eibach is the way to go take it from me. I’ve put a few hundred miles on mine and this is how the truck should have come from GM. The bouncy ride is completely gone, when I used to go over speed bumps the truck would pogo up and down a minimum of 3 times before settling, now I just get one nice tight rebound. On road performance is crazy,  I more nose dipping when braking into corners, no more sloppy swaying when your in the corner. It’s just nice and tight. 

Off-road is decent, not the best not the worst but I haven’t aired down my tires yet so it’s hard to tell but I have turned the TC off and done some high speed prerunner stuff on gravel and the back end is nice and planted when the tires break loose, very controlled drifts. 

Installation may deter some, there really are no specific vehicle install instructions from Eibach. I just tore out the old suspension and used spring compressors to remove the bottom and top perch plus bump stop and strut washer. Eibach provides the spring and struts only for the front. The rear shocks took around 5 mins each to swap out. I saved a few hundred by installing myself and now I know it’s done right.

Seriously you will not find a better suspension set up for under $700. I put Icon stage one coils on my Tacoma and those were $1700...can’t tell any difference, I think the Eibachs are actually better on the road which is where we spend most of our time driving these trucks. 

Thank you for the write up. I think I am leaning towards these. I do very little off-road besides getting to fishing spots. Do you think the springs are needed for mainly road use? I basically want to level and if I improve the ride that’s a bonus.