Leveling shocks???

1 hour ago, Royall577 said:

Thank you for the write up. I think I am leaning towards these. I do very little off-road besides getting to fishing spots. Do you think the springs are needed for mainly road use? I basically want to level and if I improve the ride that’s a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t speak to how the ride is with the OEM springs paired to Eibach struts, but another forum member has that setup and seems to have similar impressions as me. The strut is doing all the rebound dampening so you should see a big improvement even if you just buy the struts, also that’s going to save you a little money.

I got both because the way I see it...if you’re pulling the suspension out anyways and can replace an OEM part with a better aftermarket one and the price is reasonable why not. 

• Like 2

I can’t speak to how the ride is with the OEM springs paired to Eibach struts, but another forum member has that setup and seems to have similar impressions as me. The strut is doing all the rebound dampening so you should see a big improvement even if you just buy the struts, also that’s going to save you a little money.

I got both because the way I see it...if you’re pulling the suspension out anyways and can replace an OEM part with a better aftermarket one and the price is reasonable why not. 

That’s actually a really good way to look at it. Thanks for input bud!

Rough Country  2 inch leveling shock review. I have to say it rides great . First thing I noticed was the extra 1/2 after the removal of the Motofab 1.5 lower spacer. The ride is just a tad better then the factory shock. Jump on the highway up to 85 felt great. Went over some low grassy hill in the tractor supply parking lot at some speed. Soaked them right up. I would like the have them in the rear to to get a full review on them. But don't plan on it.   I did measure the the Rough Country Top plate to center hub bottom. 23 1/2 inch's. The factory measures 22.0 inch's. So that's 1 1\2. And I mentioned the spring on the rough country is smaller in dia.  Fender's measure about 40 inch's . I know the truck was 38 in the front stock. Still have my 1.25 block in the rear. Still have a slight rake. But if your looking for something close to factory good price. You will like the ride. Now that I have the factory struts out. When the time come 3 or 4 years from now . I will buy a spring compressor. Maybe try the Eibach or Billstin. But I'm good for now. Best I don't have to worries about those lower spacers. At least RC had the common sense to remove them from there product line. Best of luck. Ps parked next to a trail boss at the store. Looked just as high. 

IMG_4763.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

Edited by xsquid
  • Like 1

Nice! Yeah my TB looks similar height to yours, I gained around an inch and a half, I could go a little higher in the front but I like a tiny bit of rake. Glad you’re happy with the RC set up it just wasn’t for me, but we can agree these are both much better options than the lower spacers! There’s a reason they were only like 20 bucks haha 

Edited by Ryguy
  • Like 1

Rough Country  2 inch leveling shock review. I have to say it rides great . First thing I noticed was the extra 1/2 after the removal of the Motofab 1.5 lower spacer. The ride is just a tad better then the factory shock. Jump on the highway up to 85 felt great. Went over some low grassy hill in the tractor supply parking lot at some speed. Soaked them right up. I would like the have them in the rear to to get a full review on them. But don't plan on it.   I did measure the the Rough Country Top plate to center hub bottom. 23 1/2 inch's. The factory measures 22.0 inch's. So that's 1 1\2. And I mentioned the spring on the rough country is smaller in dia.  Fender's measure about 40 inch's . I know the truck was 38 in the front stock. Still have my 1.25 block in the rear. Still have a slight rake. But if your looking for something close to factory good price. You will like the ride. Now that I have the factory struts out. When the time come 3 or 4 years from now . I will buy a spring compressor. Maybe try the Eibach or Billstin. But I'm good for now. Best I don't have to worries about those lower spacers. At least RC had the common sense to remove them from there product line. Best of luck. Ps parked next to a trail boss at the store. Looked just as high. 
IMG_4763.jpg.53e192bb9a4564ee35db38851e58c786.jpg
IMG_4769.jpg.e3b6f6b94480a9a01a78bea6dcd26e63.jpg
IMG_4764.jpg.afc08871bc0d57ebb109317152026c4d.jpg
IMG_4765.jpg.0a31bf668e38880b2231b5705fdd7118.jpg

Awesome!!! Glad everything worked out for you. Your truck looks good man.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:44 PM, Royall577 said:

Thank you for the write up. I think I am leaning towards these. I do very little off-road besides getting to fishing spots. Do you think the springs are needed for mainly road use? I basically want to level and if I improve the ride that’s a bonus.

Idk how the ride is on the stock springs with these struts but I’m sure it’s still an improvement over the Ranchos, and if all you’re looking for is a level then yeah save a few bucks! 

13 hours ago, Kchampagne said:

Hey all.  Does anyone know if leveling shocks are being developed for the AT4?  I emailed eibach, but they said they don't have any plans to make them for the AT4/Trail Boss.  Thx

They should work on your AT4. I have them on my TB and I believe all of our suspension components are the same. 

10 minutes ago, Ryguy said:

They should work on your AT4. I have them on my TB and I believe all of our suspension components are the same. 

Thanks! What model shocks do you have on your TB?  Adjustable?  How much leveling do they give you over the stock rancho shocks in the TB?

25 minutes ago, Kchampagne said:

Thanks! What model shocks do you have on your TB?  Adjustable?  How much leveling do they give you over the stock rancho shocks in the TB?

https://eibach.com/us/E60-23-032-01-10-chevrolet-silverado-1500-pro-truck-sport-shock

The lift will depend on what perch setting you are on. I have mine set on the second highest from the top so not the highest. I gained about .75-1” over the Rancho TB lift from the factory. So around 3 inches lift in the front now. The ride quality has improved immensely, more controlled les roll and no more bounce. Also I don’t rub anymore even at full lock when the suspension is flexed and I’m running 35 x12.5 tires and 1.25 wheel spacers. 

1 hour ago, Ryguy said:

https://eibach.com/us/E60-23-032-01-10-chevrolet-silverado-1500-pro-truck-sport-shock

The lift will depend on what perch setting you are on. I have mine set on the second highest from the top so not the highest. I gained about .75-1” over the Rancho TB lift from the factory. So around 3 inches lift in the front now. The ride quality has improved immensely, more controlled les roll and no more bounce. Also I don’t rub anymore even at full lock when the suspension is flexed and I’m running 35 x12.5 tires and 1.25 wheel spacers. 

Excellent.  Thank you Ryguy.  Did you add the Pro Lift Springs too?  https://eibach.com/us/E30-23-032-01-20-chevrolet-silverado-1500-pro-lift-kit

Do you know if you can buy the shocks preloaded with the springs?  

17 hours ago, Kchampagne said:

Hey all.  Does anyone know if leveling shocks are being developed for the AT4?  I emailed eibach, but they said they don't have any plans to make them for the AT4/Trail Boss.  Thx

yeah you just have a 2in strut lift on your truck, the Eibachs are easily adjusted to 2in.....you already have the block in the back and rears accept a lift as well ( though idk if it will accept 2in) and their is also Bilstein for rears.....the Eibach rear states for plus 1in lift but talk to them and see what they say

so bottom line is if the leveling strut or coilover can reach 2inches of lift they will work on your truck....doesn't matter if its AT4, TB, or standard model

I don't believe the springs come preloaded but again call them and see if its an option.....if not any shop should be able to do it …...

there are quite a few options out there including coilovers…..the AT4 and TB just have longer rear shocks and longer fronts with CV axles that's only difference between a standard model

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1