Leveling shocks???

Hi guys, lots of good information here but wanted to ask a question that hopefully someone can answer. I am looking into purchasing a Sierra Denali and am thinking about the best way to level it. It looks like there are a couple spacer leveling kits available that extend the ARC system in the Denali. I was actually thinking of going with Bilsteins when released or Fox 2.0. If I went this route I would be basically removing the ARC struts correct? Would I have an issue with ARC sensors throwing a code of some sort since it would no longer be plugged in? Any info would be great

you would have to make sure they are for your truck with ARC I imagine and you could look into older model threads with same setup to see what they did....should give you an idea, or someone will chime in maybe that has done it

Thanks, everything I’ve seen so far on the 18’ and older Denali’s people were using the suspension max leveling kit. I’ve seen a few available for the 19+ but all are under the strut 2” kits. I plan to keep the truck a long time so I would rather spend the money and do it correctly with a replacement strut if possible. Hopefully someone has info if it’s possible to replace struts on the Denali’s with no issues. 

• 3 weeks later...

So adding the pro truck sport shock by Eibach to an AT4, shock only, how much of a lift/level to the front would you see? I had the 5100's on my 08 Sierra and loved them. 1.75 level. Wondering if these Eibach shocks would do it for the AT4. Thanks

Edited by Hubie151

14 hours ago, Hubie151 said:

So adding the pro truck sport shock by Eibach to an AT4, shock only, how much of a lift/level to the front would you see? I had the 5100's on my 08 Sierra and loved them. 1.75 level. Wondering if these Eibach shocks would do it for the AT4. Thanks

You won't get any more lift since you already have factory lift shocks

15 hours ago, Hubie151 said:

Based on my research, the adjustable Eibach struts AND springs will give you approximately 1" over the factory AT4 Ranchos as long as you use the 2nd from the highest setting (Eibach doesn't recommend using the highest setting with it's springs). You can download Eibach's installation manuals for the struts and springs for specific info. I wanted a 1.5" level over the factory AT4 Ranchos, so I used the Rough Country 3.5" lift struts to achieve the 1.5" level.  I liked not having to deal with taking apart the Ranchos, since the Rough Country lift struts come preloaded. Rides great.  Pic to follow.

do you know what actual height is on eibach kit with springs and on 2nd from highest setting?....would that be 3" than or 2.75 somewhere in that area?

I have a stock RST and am looking into lifts/levels.  Are there any downsides to running just lift struts without upgrading the UCAs?  (or any other components for that matter).  Have rims and tires on the way and need to finalize my lift decision.   Thanks!

Edited by DannyMoe13

So just spoke to Eibach on their lift struts. I know someone on here has done it already and felt fine with it but for the TB/AT4 trucks, they said they were testing it out before the whole COVID stuff happened and with their springs it didn’t do much for the ride height. Then they tried using the stock springs and said they didn’t feel comfortable with the preload and will not be recommending it for the TB/AT4 models and will later produce one specific that accommodates the travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:31 PM, RadoPhan said:

So just spoke to Eibach on their lift struts. I know someone on here has done it already and felt fine with it but for the TB/AT4 trucks, they said they were testing it out before the whole COVID stuff happened and with their springs it didn’t do much for the ride height. Then they tried using the stock springs and said they didn’t feel comfortable with the preload and will not be recommending it for the TB/AT4 models and will later produce one specific that accommodates the travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info RadoPhan. lol so the wait continues.

• Like 1