Eibach Pro-Truck Sport question

Hi all,

I just purchased a used 2019 Silverado LTZ Z71. It has the Eibach Pro-Truck Sport's on the rear, but the front are the standard Rancho's. I've never put aftermarket shocks or a lift on any of my trucks previously. I'm wondering 1. Why would the previous owner do the rear only? 2. Should I go ahead and do the fronts as well? 

I'm mainly concerned whether the mixed shocks are giving me a worse ride... Any insight is sincerely appreciated!

I doubt it hurt your ride, more likely the Eibach rear shocks improved it.  I currently have only Bilstein rears on my Trail Boss waiting for the Bilstein fronts to be released.  My guess is the guy sold it (obviously) and didn't get around to it, or didn't do it because it costs more if you pay for labor, needs an alignment, etc.  Perfectly fine to leave it, but you'd probably be pleased with Eibach fronts as well...

Edited by Leevon

3 hours ago, Leevon said:

I doubt it hurt your ride, more likely the Eibach rear shocks improved it.  I currently have only Bilstein rears on my Trail Boss waiting for the Bilstein fronts to be released.  My guess is the guy sold it (obviously) and didn't get around to it, or didn't do it because it costs more if you pay for labor, needs an alignment, etc.  Perfectly fine to leave it, but you'd probably be pleased with Eibach fronts as well...

exactly ^^^^^

Sounds good, and thank yall! Any recommendations on whether I should also add the Eibach front springs, or if I have no need to lift should I just add the shocks?

I will say, I bought the truck with 2,800 miles, so I was surprised to see these added. But from the first time I drove it I was surprised at how much more "floaty" the front felt and how much more stable the rear felt. Very different from my last Z71 which is why I checked the shocks in the first place. If the Eibach fronts can take the float out of the front then I will definitely be pleased.

eibach springs will get you more lift than stock springs, if you don't need that than just use stock.....another member did this kit with stock springs and he is a happy camper over OEM ride...

• Thanks 1