Trailer tire pressure monitors

Hello, I'm have some difficulty getting my trailer tire monitors to link up with the my truck. I have a 20 3500 HD LT, I ordered it with the 4 extra tire monitors for our camper. I had the camper dealer install the monitors for us before we picked it up. When we tried to link the camper to the truck it failed repeatedly. Has anyone linked this system to their truck with success, am i doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Paul

Air pressure method was easy and fast. Just let air out for 2-3 seconds. Stop and wait for honk. If no honk, do a bit more. Took like 2 mins start to finish to our system.

Install was $40 at my local tire shop and only took 20 mins. I put this off for a few months and should have done it sooner. Nice to have temp and pressure of tires in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wigg006

Registered

2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Black on Black
Joined 26 d ago
2 Posts
Here's the link for the tpms tool.

You have to touch the black "antenna" looking thing to the sidewall next to the valve stem. It took me 900 tries to actually figure this out. But once I did it took about 45 seconds to learn the 4 tires on my fifthwheel.

So just press and release the white button after you're touching the antenna to the side wall and the TX light will rapidly blink green and then stop. My 2020 would not honk after it learned the tire so I had my girlfriend sit in the truck and tell me when it worked.

I could not get my truck to learn the TPMS on my fifthwheel using the air method. So I did what i outlined above. Valve stems were pointed in all different directions  and it still worked with the TPMS re-learn tool. 

Good luck.

Not sure if your issue is the same but i had an issue with the truck saving the pressures as well. I would go through the learning process and all the pressures would show indicating it worked. But after pushing the button to complete the process, it would lose everything. I did this multiple times but they would not save. I had an extra sensor so I programmed the extra sensor as my first tire and then did the remaining tires as usual. That time it saved showing the first tire with 0 psi as it should. After that, i reprogrammed the installed sensors again and it finally saved. It seemed like there was a glitch and it took changing a variable for it to reset itself.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk