Arch Molding

Unless you add body color moldings as an option the Denali comes with a black plastic molding on the wheel wells.  Shades of the original Avalanche!

Is this the same kind of plastic the Avalanche had that fades over time?

If it’s anything like the previous generation trucks 14-18 then they should be just fine. I had a 14 that sat outside, never garaged and looked new when I traded it in - never put anything on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the same crappy plastic on the '19! Three years or so outside Southern exposure to the Sun turns it a dark shade of grey.........5 years and and light grey........by 10 you'll have full Avalanche class crap. I know I redid my 2nd gen Avalanches "sails" and '16 Silverado with Bondo Restore Black (they manufacture it for a good reason) when they started to go....wear gloves, easy to apply and makes it look factory new........not quite a paint and not quite a wax, lasts about 1 year.

Blackout backing plastic for the 16+ grilles, treadles on the OEM running boards and wiper areas for certain. It's insidious, seems like you don't notice it gradually happening until one day you realize it is starting to look like $hit. To bad I never took before and after pics, but made sure to give it a fresh coat bbfore trade in. Depending upon Sun exposure you can count on the POS plastic top cover on the rear bumper  to go first. When waxing, I plan to use the Bondo prophylactically as a UV blocker to prevent degradation of the polymer.

I have a 2010 Avalanche.  While it doesn't have as much as this stuff as the earlier models it's there.  Mine is black so the black plastic turning grey sort of goes with it and I haven't used a restorer on it.  I glad you mentioned the other areas as that means there is no sense in paying for the body color moldings.

I have an 02 Avalanche. It looks new, really. I’m sure they treated it at the dealer when I bought it a month ago. I put a product that claims it’s good for 100 washes. I did it the first week twice. It took about 15 minutes. I belong to a unlimited car wash quick qwack. I’m averaging 2-3 times a week car wash. So far still looks new. I will treat again before the heat sets in. Small price to pay for the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a 2020 Denali that has the optional painted wheel arch trim and was actually more concerned that it will get all chipped up Vs my 2015 Denali with the plain plastic -which still looked great when I traded it in.

57 minutes ago, Glava2876 said:

I bought a 2020 Denali that has the optional painted wheel arch trim and was actually more concerned that it will get all chipped up Vs my 2015 Denali with the plain plastic -which still looked great when I traded it in.

Your painted arches look great. They’ll be fine. Think of millions of trucks and SUVs that are sold every year that actually have paint right there without the crappy plastic fenders. If they made a painted arch for my 18 I may actually keep it. First upgrade I do to my truck once I get it is the painted wheel arches.