Kaylee, Lovelessjl's 2016 twin turbo RCSB 4x4

lovelessjl

Armageddon actually didn't supply a map sensor at all, so I still had the stock 1 bar sensor. I could have definitely got by with a 2 bar sensor as they will read up to almost 15 psi of boost, which is way more than I'll be running, but summit Racing had the gm 3 bar sensor in stock and they have a physical location close to me and I just picked it up.

Yeah, the higher the bar number the higher the pressure sensing ability of the sensor, and they read in absolute pressure which starts from a total vacuum. Standard ambient pressure at sea level is 1 bar or about 14.7 psi. So essentially a 1 bar sensor will only read a vacuum, a 2 bar sensor is good for just under 15 psi, and a 3 bar sensor is good for about 29 psi.

As a bonus, when I end up building a forged engine at some point, I'd like to turn the boost way up and make some really big power, and I can just keep this map sensor. That's a long ways down the road though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, great looking truck. I've seen some of your posts here and there and I've always admired your wheels and stance, I'm thankful that you created a build thread so I can easily find your specs lol.  I'm really looking forward to the results of your turbo setup. Which turbos did you go with?

Prior to my Silverado, I had a STI and I was making 550hp to the wheels on the gen 1 gtx3076 (on e85...once you use corn, you'll never want to use gasoline again). I was planning an upgrade to the gen 2 gtx3576 but I ended up selling the car. I am very new to the gm truck scene as I bought mine (2016 crew cab) in February.

Hey man, great looking truck. I've seen some of your posts here and there and I've always admired your wheels and stance, I'm thankful that you created a build thread so I can easily find your specs lol.  I'm really looking forward to the results of your turbo setup. Which turbos did you go with?

Prior to my Silverado, I had a STI and I was making 550hp to the wheels on the gen 1 gtx3076 (on e85...once you use corn, you'll never want to use gasoline again). I was planning an upgrade to the gen 2 gtx3576 but I ended up selling the car. I am very new to the gm truck scene as I bought mine (2016 crew cab) in February.
Thanks, I appreciate it! If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout and I'll answer anything I can.

I went with the GTX3582R gen 2 turbos. Way too much turbo for my stock 5.3, but I'm planning on a pretty stout 400+ cube engine at some point so I went big so I can grow into the turbos. I can't wait to get the truck tuned and to the track to see how she does.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, lovelessjl said:

Thanks, I appreciate it! If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout and I'll answer anything I can.

I went with the GTX3582R gen 2 turbos. Way too much turbo for my stock 5.3, but I'm planning on a pretty stout 400+ cube engine at some point so I went big so I can grow into the turbos. I can't wait to get the truck tuned and to the track to see how she does.

Wtf lol, those turbos are wayy too big. Twin 66mm! Pretty sure they are good for like 800hp each.

They are too big for a 1000 truck lol.

Unless you’re planning on dropping $60k in mods on a 1500hp truck with an entirely new drivetrain, I would definitely try selling them and go with something smaller. You’re missing out on atleast 1000rpm of boost.

The goal is 1200ish at some point, so I went big on purpose. I honestly expected them to be laggy, but even without a good tune they're not bad at all.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

The goal is 1200ish at some point, so I went big on purpose. I honestly expected them to be laggy, but even without a good tune they're not bad at all.

Gonna be a highway monster!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, just got back from the tuner. Truck put down 512 hp and 534 ft/lbs on 7lbs with E85 and a pretty conservative tune.

There is definitely more on the table, but without a boost controller, I'm limited to whatever springs I put in the wastegates. But we all know this isn't the end of the road.

4ff52b50d43fb593fc6293262d6b1ee9.jpg

9 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

Good news, just got back from the tuner. Truck put down 512 hp and 534 ft/lbs on 7lbs with E85 and a pretty conservative tune.

There is definitely more on the table, but without a boost controller, I'm limited to whatever springs I put in the wastegates. But we all know this isn't the end of the road.

4ff52b50d43fb593fc6293262d6b1ee9.jpg

Nice!! How does the truck run? Get on it yet?

Nice!! How does the truck run? Get on it yet?
Oh you know I did! Low throttle, it drives exactly like a stock truck, putts around nice and laid back. If I step on it in 2wd, instant smoke show lol. In 4wd however, even on a boosted launch, there is no spin at all, she just launches and pulls hard. So much fun!

• Like 1

We just did driveability tuning on 93, no power pulls. The idea is for the truck to live on e85 or better, but still be able to run 93 if i get in a bind on a trip or something and can't get ethanol.

Made 2 runs at the track over the weekend. Ran a 12.88 and a 12.91. Not too shabby for a stock 5.3 on boost.

Already need more lol. Aem wideband and GFB boost controller have already been ordered. f57e0509eecb958ca1c355f0555c7115.jpg

• Like 1