Kaylee, Lovelessjl's 2016 twin turbo RCSB 4x4

lovelessjl

I guess it's about time to finally get a build thread started.

I bought Kaylee in 2017 with just 8k miles on the clock. It was a fun road trip to PA to pick her up. Timing could've been better though, because when we woke up the next morning, the pretty sunny weather had changed to snow. ab6bcbd5026cc5a9c04b94512b97455d.jpga52f82da5314bdbf3ed2fa5755f5fa2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It didn't take long, and I had a set of new wheels, and did a little suspension work.

The wheels are mrr t228's in 22x10, and the truck now sits at a 4/6 drop using Mcgaughys 2" spindles and 2" springs on stock struts up front, and an adjustable axle flip in the rear. da29a15df9917fd88caa8d0b02e98d8e.jpg22af3d80e18dc05e31024fb282a8509b.jpg

A couple other minor things I changed were the back lit black bowtie in the grille and a black bowtie on the tailgate, an always on foglight harness, and an hmi upgrade to the 2.5 version so I now have android auto, apple carplay, and a backup camera.

Fast forward a little while and I spent a little time on the couch after dropping a little more than I should have on an Armageddon twin turbo kit. It's a comfy couch though, totally worth it lol. f8cf113f599442c90b6774b16bc4ed4f.jpg949473167def9f9e7fc7e49c920d536e.jpg

• Like 1

And now that brings us to today, finally getting around to starting the install of the turbos. I had the hot and cold side ceramic coated, as well as both the compressor and turbine housings, and was gonna wait for some vacation time I have scheduled in April, but with all this quarantine nonsense, I'm not traveling to my dad's house for the install. And what the hell, nows as good a time as any to get started.

Got a lot of the teardown done. It's looking a little scary at this point, but can't make an omelet without breaking a couple eggs.

The goal for tomorrow is to get at least the fuel system done and the oil pan swapped out.

The fuel system is getting upgraded to the lt4 injectors and pump, and I have an oil pan with an bungs for the turbo oil return lines. Anything else that gets done tomorrow is just icing on the cake. 25bf16c9005cc8af94087d0c6dcbbe73.jpg919d79c5ef5b804bc162e9c709c17cc1.jpg

• Like 1

The turbo kit itself will easily support 1500 hp, and later down the road I'm going to build an engine among other upgrades, and be shooting for something in the 1200ish range.

Since I currently have a stock 5.3, I'm gonna be shooting for 550ish at the wheels. The engine will be able to live a long healthy life, and my current single 3" exhaust will start to become more restrictive if I go much past that.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie it's a first for me too, but Armageddon has really nice instructions with tons of pictures, so anyone handy with a wrench "should" be able to handle it. Though I'm not gonna lie, it does seem a bit overwhelming having it torn down this far.

The upper fuse box is currently removed, as is the ecu, and the lower portion of the box is just sitting loose. I think it's basically just rerouting and repositioning some harness sections (part of the engine harness was routed under the fuse box) and maybe some of the hardware also to make room for the new headers and turbos.

very nice

seen those kits for a while... i like their soccer mom tahoe

will be a fun truck when you get done.   

should be real fun on 1/8 or 1/4 mile track too

something to tangle w/ the homemade lightnings  ?

• Like 1

if you think about it, id like to see pics of the new exhaust manifolds installed before they get covered up w/ all the rest of the system

eta:

i'd luv to do a compound boost setup, but need to build up drivetrain to support that... so need to win the lotto   ?

Edited by gat0r

if you think about it, id like to see pics of the new exhaust manifolds installed before they get covered up w/ all the rest of the system
I will make sure and take a pic or two when I get the headers mounted, but as a little teaser, here's a pic from before the ceramic coating.

This is the driver's side header. 2711e29202e66740da27fe59eee0a133.jpg

• Like 2