Kaylee, Lovelessjl's 2016 twin turbo RCSB 4x4

lovelessjl

On 6/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, lovelessjl said:

Made 2 runs at the track over the weekend. Ran a 12.88 and a 12.91. Not too shabby for a stock 5.3 on boost.

Already need more lol. Aem wideband and GFB boost controller have already been ordered. f57e0509eecb958ca1c355f0555c7115.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

freaking awesome! I bet the AWD launch feels like a rocket ship leaving the starting line.

I can't wait to be boosted.

freaking awesome! I bet the AWD launch feels like a rocket ship leaving the starting line.
 I can't wait to be boosted.
It really does! Thats the coolest part. I can line up with 800+ hp cars at a stop light and just show them the tailgate lol. There is zero spin from a stop. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your truck turns out!

Congrats on a the run

Wideband and boost gauge are a must in my opinion. Where you going to mount it?
Thanks! Yeah, I have enough data from the dyno session to be really confident in the truck as is, however, i definitely wanna turn up the boost a bit and see how she does. I may or may not be adding exhaust cutouts to the mix now too lol.

I dont have a center console, but this is my basic plan for mounting the guage and controller.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA01us4nO-a8BLw9w6A0e_TwtjeXfScPaosUu00/?igshid=rk3lrwiyjeob

Couple toys came in the mail. Got the wideband guage mounted, no wiring yet. Im waiting on my new ypipe and cutouts so I can do all the wiring at once. I'm not looking forward to that part at all.252fc670387d4fc801e6b0bbc9da3f10.jpg00e60ea00a234b9086f589c1e4edd885.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet. At 7psi of boost I'm not seeing any loss of pressure on the low side. Its definitely on the to do list down the road, but for now its not necessary.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So I'm just sitting on the couch bored as hell because there isn't much to do in Texas when there's ice and snow on the ground, and realized I haven't updated this post in a while....oooppss! My bad!

This is gonna be a bit long, but here's where everything is today.

Got the wideband sensor and guage as well as the boost controller wired up and working, even got the boost controller mounted in a little cubby so it's hidden when I want, but still visible and easily accessible as desired.

Also got the exhaust cutouts on. And they're amazing. Hit the switch on the dash (behind the turn signal lever) and instant noise, flip the switch again and nice and quiet. They're surprisingly fast too.

Added another switch on the dash for a traction control/stabilitrac disabler. Same setup as the harness from Shane Hinds, I just made my own and placed it behind the shift lever.

Once I started to play with the boost controller I realized 2 things, 1) that it was really hard to build boost standing still on the footbrake. And 2) I was starting to lose low side fuel pressure when I started turning up the boost.

Sooo....

I added a 535lph in tank pump. Easy drop in setup by Jose Zambrano. Got fuel for days now.

Next up I got a ZL1 converter. I wanted slightly looser, but nothing wild since my engine is still 100% stock internally and I like to drive this truck around. This converter is perfect...slightly looser than the truck converter, and quite a bit stronger.

Then just for good measure, I also added an 5" aluminum driveshaft. Major overkill, but now I no longer have to wonder if my ds is gonna be one of the ones to let go. I think they calculated the ratings on this shaft to be something like 5k ftlbs of torque, and over 380mph on the critical speed lol. Pretty sure it's gonna hold up in my truck.

Truck goes back on the dyno sometime this week to get turned up and see what kind of power we can make.2434beba3332280bae8623c02fa248df.jpg3a60809e513d2b8cae29860833bcef47.jpg289c175d8c02a13c8a04f62ff5d5b6da.jpg6d9a507d77950f68e2fe8f9eb3464fe8.jpg2a0805e0d358f501caf68cb96bb624ba.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, lovelessjl said:

Also got the exhaust cutouts on. And they're amazing. Hit the switch on the dash (behind the turn signal lever) and instant noise, flip the switch again and nice and quiet. They're surprisingly fast too.

So it's been a year+ since this post. Are you still happy with your cutouts, and what brand and style did you use?

Awesome truck!