Screwed by GM

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 12:19 AM, disneybaker said:

Fix it and what, then I have a brand new truck with repainted side panel and tailgate, with 3 miles on it, aftermarket paint is never as thick as or as durable as a respray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol..  You know that when new vehicles arrive to the dealership and the PDI's are done, if they find damage they send it to their body shops to have fixed before the PDI can be completed.    Most new cars you buy have had some sort of damage before it made it to the lot, you just never see or hear about it when buying.  This isn't a big deal, I know you "feel" cheated because you bought a new truck but in reality they have not delivered it to you yet and they are going to fix it.    So many people talk out of their ass on here it's unreal and have no clue how the process works.   When I bought my Zl1 1LE it had damage rolling off the truck, I was watching it be unloaded and felt the same way you do.   75k for a car with 1 mile and has damage.   Dealership fixed it and no one knows except me and the sales team lol.   No harm no foul.   I'm sorry you had to go through this but as someone said earlier, its life and life goes on.   it will be ok bud!

Not as bad as needing paint, but they broke the shark fin unloading mine.   I noticed it after i got home.  Called the sales guy and he was like oh yeah, forgot to tell you about that,  its on order already and should be here tomorrow.  That was the 2nd trip back to dealer since i bought it two days prior.  Other issue was the back door locks wouldn't go up.  Whoever installed them had the bend backwards so we couldn't open the doors as the door locks wouldn't go all the way up.   That one was odd.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my previous vehicle the dealer told me the front bumper had been damaged on delivery and had subsequently been replaced. I told him I never would have known and bought it anyways. Afterwards no one ever noticed and I never had any issues with the bumper. These  things happen  and are not a big deal.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:55 AM, smrr1 said:

Its called sarcasm. Obviously not a real reason to move. Have no idea where he lives anyway. In Tx we get 6.25% sales tax and each year we have state insp and reg. I have specialty plates and the insp/reg costs me about $150/yr. Would be much less with out specialty plates. Wonder how much the property tax costs each year on a truck like that. 

The registration fee for my 2020 TB is about 1500 for the first year.  Based on the sticker price with no consideration for the actual selling/purchase price.

Sales tax as well.....