SILVERADO/SERRIA eAssist Problems

I have a 2018 GMC SERRIA with eAssist. It now has 24K miles on it. I’ve taken it in to 4 times to two different dealers to have it diagnosed regarding a problem with the truck bucking or studdering intermittently at cold startup after setting overnight.. I just picked up the truck after leaving it at the dealer for two days. They checked everything and found no issues. As with another post on this thread, it happens mostly when backing at low speed while applying light pressure on the brake. It happens less often going forward. One dealer didn’t reproduce the problem and told me the brakes were glazed. However the other dealers found nothing wrong with the brakes. It resembles the feel of the ABS kicking in but there is no pulsing or pushback felt in the break pedal. The Tach indicates no change in RPM and it also happens in manual transmission mode. On a recent trip I was approached at gas stations by two other owners stating they had the same problem. The dealers say they have never heard of this problem nor has GM. I’m curious if other owners ever experience this problem and if there is a resolution. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if the mechanic had to observe the problem or if they diagnosed from having seen it on other trucks.... I will be taking mine in again to see if they will perform the retraining or put me off again.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:02 PM, HeySkippyDog said:

If you shift to M5 or L5 and leave it there, does it do it?

V4 mode can cause some weird shuddering. By shifting to that, the truck stays out of V4.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

I tried and it didn’t help. Thanks for the suggestion