Alignment Issues Pulls to the Right

2020 Chevy 2500 HD WT Duramax 6.6

Has anyone else had alignment issues.  I've had a headache now since day one when I let the dealer know the truck pulls to the right.  They actually told me "This is done from the factory so in case you fall asleep it will pull you to the shoulder instead of oncoming traffic".  What a load of bull if you ask me.  Now I took it to a local shop and it's been in 3 times already and they still can't figure out how to get it to drive straight.  Does anyone have numbers for camber and caster they could share?  

My 2020 3500 pulls to the right too.  

Super annoying.  My 2011 drives perfect and has never been aligned.  

I didn't buy a Ford because I didn't want a junky front-end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2020 at 9:52 PM, Lightenup said:

This was the first thing we did after doing a test drive.  No change at all.

I'm really surprised that swapping the front tires from left to right didn't change anything. They did for my truck, with the alignment being correct, which means there was/is something wrong with those LT 275/65R20 AT tires....

Here's more info on my situation:

My alignment was off significantly - both fronts were out of spec with excessive toe out.  I had it at the dealer for the steering shake issue and told them to align it as part of the process.  They did not and all the stuff they did failed to correct the shake.  I brought it back and told them to just align it and that I would pay for it if it turned out to be in spec.  They corrected it under warranty and the shake went away as well...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey All, I just bought my 2500HD Denali couple weeks ago. I put in about thousand miles on it. Today on road, i realized I tend to stir toward the left more to counter act the truck pull right. It is very subtle and for awhile I thought I was tripping out...but sure enough, I have to keep my steering rotated slightly counter clockwise because again the truck wants to pull right. I am glad I found this forum and that some others are also experiencing the same. I am hoping when I call the dealer they will resolve this issues. Has anyone else got it fixed by their dealer/service?

Take it to the dealer let them check alignment, tires, etc.  mine was resolved with a new steering box but it could be any of a few things.  do not let them tell you it's normal, etc.  if it still persists have the service manager drive it.

have you checked for pull on a flat road?  or does it do it all the time?

one thing i noticed and have read online is that these trucks are sensitive to road crown.  even after mine was fixed it will pull straight if no crown but slightly to which ever direction the road is sloped down.  our roads have significant crown out here.  

On 8/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, MesaRat said:

Take it to the dealer let them check alignment, tires, etc.  mine was resolved with a new steering box but it could be any of a few things.  do not let them tell you it's normal, etc.  if it still persists have the service manager drive it.

have you checked for pull on a flat road?  or does it do it all the time?

one thing i noticed and have read online is that these trucks are sensitive to road crown.  even after mine was fixed it will pull straight if no crown but slightly to which ever direction the road is sloped down.  our roads have significant crown out here.  

What was the main issue with yours?  I had mine in for its first service yesterday and had them fix the steering wheel alignment. They aligned it a couple of months ago that fixed my steering shake, but the wheel was slightly off center.  Now it is off the other way and pulls to the right!  I am thinking it is their alignment guy, but now I am wondering.

Just picked up my 2020 3500 SRW gas yesterday and drove home. Double cab LT with a Knapheide KUVCC body. It pulls to the right as well. Have to hold wheel at about 10 oclock to keep it straight. Gonna drive some more and get some highway time to see if its the roads or the truck.