Alignment Issues Pulls to the Right

They checked alignment on my truck and said it was good. They just swapped the front tires left to right and said the tires would wear in..... Instead of a bad pull to the right, there was a slight pull to the left.

Did an oil change and free 1st service with tire rotation. Still pulls slightly... I am pretty sure it is the tires. Over 10,000 miles on the truck now.

8 hours ago, Tomato said:

What was the main issue with yours?  I had mine in for its first service yesterday and had them fix the steering wheel alignment. They aligned it a couple of months ago that fixed my steering shake, but the wheel was slightly off center.  Now it is off the other way and pulls to the right!  I am thinking it is their alignment guy, but now I am wondering.

it pulled to the right no matter what.  they even intentionally mis-aligned it so that it should have had a hard pull to the left and it still pulled right.

if it wasn't pulling before and it is now pulling after they aligned it, it is probably alignment.  centering a steering wheel is easy to fix by adjusting tie rods.  i did it myself as i was not happy on how my steering wheel was centered after they replaced the gear box and i really didn't want to take it back again.

• 2 weeks later...

A good alignment shop is hard to find anymore. Nobody want's to work. Just collect. 

?

My guys are great. Of course thy both like a challenge. Hitting dead center spec or some creative numbers I toss their way. Most shops are happy to hit the dart board. My guys like to hit the bullseye. Just hitting the board will get it in 'spec' but it wont' make it drive correctly. 

Personal note. My truck goes down the middle of the lane hands off the wheel. And yet my steering wheel I have them set a degree or two to the left. I drive left handed elbow on the rest. The cruise is on the left and set that way everything comes to hand naturally. Nothing special about being centered if off only a degree or two.  

• 3 weeks later...

Mine tugs a little to the right. I'm sure the crown is part of it as it's less noticeable in the fast lane or carpool lane. FWIW, my 04 Dodge Ram pulled right all its life. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast.

mine pulls to right and has since 1st day.....it is annoying...my 2019 1500 was straight as an arrow.....hopefully i get tire rotation out of them as well.....and brakes squeel.....

• 2 weeks later...