question on these cab lights

anyone have these lights and what is your opinion on them also do you have to buy the wiring kit or can you just work around it?

https://gorecon.com/product/gmc-chevy-15-18-3rd-gen-body-style-heavy-duty-3-piece-set-smoked-cab-roof-light-lens-with-amber-leds-complete-wiring-kit-sold-separately/

Edited by 94yj

anyone have these lights and what is your opinion on them also do you have to buy the wiring kit or can you just work around it?
https://gorecon.com/product/gmc-chevy-15-18-3rd-gen-body-style-heavy-duty-3-piece-set-smoked-cab-roof-light-lens-with-amber-leds-complete-wiring-kit-sold-separately/

I have them on my truck. A few of the led are burnt out after a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Waaazooo said:

I have them on my truck. A few of the led are burnt out after a year.

that is not good what kind of a warranty do they have and have you tried to get them replaced?

Years ago I had a RECON tailgate bar that got condensation inside which made a few LEDs fail. I emailed a complaint with a photo. They sent me out a replacement (newer model) without a squawk. I could not complain about that type of customer service. 

19 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

You can get the factory lights and install them.

true but i would have to have the tool to do a 3/4" square hole which i don't have  and the punch numbers are hard to find

20 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

You can get the factory lights and install them.

looks like oem is the route i will be going it seems the after market ones are not that good and i can drill a pilot hole and square out from there

looks like oem is the route i will be going it seems the after market ones are not that good and i can drill a pilot hole and square out from there

I installed the factory ones on my 15 I used a Dremel to cut the 4 holes. Biggest thing is measure measure measure lol. Dremel cut through like butter.

That answers my question about switching from recon to OEM.

I wonder if the holes lined up the same?

As long as the holes you drilled line up with the 4 square holes on the oem ones. There is only 4 square holes that you tighten from inside the truck. Small gasket around each square hole that’s it.