Here it is - first thing I am doing is trying to clean it out since it's so filthy. Also need to fix rear tail gate and replace struts for the rear glass. Once I get everything cleaned up, I need to restore the interior dash (broken/loose parts), clean up the engine, and it probably needs tie rods (probably some other stuff). If anyone is interested, I can post up more pics as I go along with it. I started cleaning the carpet today and have some pretty nasty pics :)

IMG_20200410_125313.jpg

So can anyone explain to me why this piece is seemingly (A) hard to find and (B) this expensive??  I think mine is bad and it's why the tailgate won't close/latch. I pulled everything yesterday and the spring on it seems to be knackered. I can't even find a good part number for it, etc. Anyone have any ideas of other sources where I might find this?? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/92-00-Tahoe-Yukon-Suburban-Escalade-Rear-Hatch-Tailgate-Glass-Latch-Lock-9203/362892872011?hash=item547e19c94b%3Ag%3ADhUAAOSwZ5ReK1N2&fits=Year%3A1992|Model%3ABlazer|Make%3AChevrolet

Yeah, dealers might still be able to find the part number, even if it's no longer available.  It sucks that all the online gm parts sites I've found, more and more the parts diagrams are stripped of part info.  I don't care if the site doesn't have the part (it'd be great, but I understand why the part is NLA), but it makes it so much easier to find the right part elsewhere if I can get the part number...

Unless you get a douchebag parts guy, that won't tell you the part number (even if they don't have and can't get the part).

Edited by davester
  • Like 2