Anyone towing 15-16,000#’s Conventionally with new 2500?

22 minutes ago, fsunole33 said:

I definitely agree- I’m also wondering if you can replace the stock bumper/hitch setup to increase your tongue load if needed?  Not sure if that is even possible...

the numbers you and I are seeing is just what drew me to the truck, you can’t even find numbers like that on SRW 1 tons from 2015-2019 on any of the big three...

GM doesn't offer optional bumper hitches...

Google is your friend -- 2019 chev trailering guide is still out there.

('17/'18 are same everything)

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/shopping-tools/download-catalog/02-pdf/2019-chevrolet-trailering-guide.pdf

3 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

It can also relate to the suspension and how much weight a conventional hitch is pulling off the front tires when the hitch is loaded (this affects braking and handing).  So I agree it is a more complicated issue than mere hitch strength.  

Edit:  In fact, without checking, I bet the 2500 and 3500 use the same hitch despite the difference ratings.    

Yupp.

It's more than just the hitch that establishes the rating, so different 3500 versions have different ratings, even with the same hitch attached.

45 minutes ago, redwngr said:

GM doesn't offer optional bumper hitches...

Google is your friend -- 2019 chev trailering guide is still out there.

('17/'18 are same everything)

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/shopping-tools/download-catalog/02-pdf/2019-chevrolet-trailering-guide.pdf

I swear I’ve looked at all of these (2017-2020) but dang are my eyes playing tricks on me or do the crew cab 4x4 2500 diesels not show a tow capacity in either the conventional or fifth/GN sections on this link?  

nonetheless, the 2018 trailering guide shows that the towing capacity and payload for the 2500 diesel is significantly less than the 2020 model.  I’d love to get into a slightly used 2017-2019 one ton, but the 2020 model (Both 2500 and 3500) just seems to have much more towing upside for the price.  

3 hours ago, fsunole33 said:

I swear I’ve looked at all of these (2017-2020) but dang are my eyes playing tricks on me or do the crew cab 4x4 2500 diesels not show a tow capacity in either the conventional or fifth/GN sections on this link?  

nonetheless, the 2018 trailering guide shows that the towing capacity and payload for the 2500 diesel is significantly less than the 2020 model.  I’d love to get into a slightly used 2017-2019 one ton, but the 2020 model (Both 2500 and 3500) just seems to have much more towing upside for the price.  

New frame, transmission, axles, modified oil cooler and massively bigger cooling fan in the '20's

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, redwngr said:

New frame, transmission, axles, modified oil cooler and massively bigger cooling fan in the '20's

Yup- awesome truck.  Seems like people have differing opinions on the front grill.  They either love it or despise it lol personally I think it’s cool, I probably prefer the last model a bit more but I’m indifferent overall.  

I usually don’t like buying the first year of a brand new model, especially one that’s gone through quite A few changes but that’s probably an old school train of thought. 

1 hour ago, fsunole33 said:

Yup- awesome truck.  Seems like people have differing opinions on the front grill.  They either love it or despise it lol personally I think it’s cool, I probably prefer the last model a bit more but I’m indifferent overall.  

I usually don’t like buying the first year of a brand new model, especially one that’s gone through quite A few changes but that’s probably an old school train of thought. 

I have had in order an '07 (gas 2500), '10 (gas 2500), '13 (diesel 2500), '16 (diesel 2500), '19 (diesel 3500 DRW), and now '20 (diesel 3500 DRW).  The improvements on the '13 in ride quality were big (not counting the improvement just from going to diesel) and the '19 has a beefier engine, but the '20 is pretty big leap forward in so many different ways.  If you are worried about bugs, that worry should be more than offset by the gains you are getting from the new model.  Seriously, these new trucks are ridiculous, especially if you are looking at a diesel with the 10 speed.    

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

I have had in order an '07 (gas 2500), '10 (gas 2500), '13 (diesel 2500), '16 (diesel 2500), '19 (diesel 3500 DRW), and now '20 (diesel 3500 DRW).  The improvements on the '13 in ride quality were big (not counting the improvement just from going to diesel) and the '19 has a beefier engine, but the '20 is pretty big leap forward in so many different ways.  If you are worried about bugs, that worry should be more than offset by the gains you are getting from the new model.  Seriously, these new trucks are ridiculous, especially if you are looking at a diesel with the 10 speed.    

I can’t wait, regardless of what I end up with.  I’ve heard nothing but good things about Silverados in general, particularly in the 3/4 and 1 ton department, it will be my first Chevy truck and second vehicle overall from Chevy.  I’ve always been a muscle car guy, starting out with mustangs, but I’ve never been one to be one-sided.  I bought a new 2013 2ss 1LE all black everything off the showroom floor and that was an awesome car.  Right now I’ve got a 2011 Shelby gt500 in the garage, It doesn’t move much (12k miles) only since I have a daily driver sedan for work. 

• Like 1