Diablo InTune 8245

I just installed a diablo tune and selected the diablo 93 option and did a few other things. I disabled dod too. My truck still feels sluggish in low rpm and still feels its a gear too high. Super annoying. Power feels unchanged. I see options for spark and fuel enrichment but did not touch them. What is everyone running? Does modifying the parameters put you back to stock? Or is that modifying the 93 tune? Just curious. Might give diablew a call lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey I just did the 93 tune last night on my 2015 z71 5.3. I did not do anything other than the basic 93 and firm trans tune. I have to put 150 miles on it before I can data log for Lew to do the custom DiabLew tune. My truck is stock with 3.42 gears and 34in 295/70R18 tires. I can definitely notice the tune not for the power but the overall drive. The trans is already shifting so much better. I know this does not answer all your questions but I wanted to share my experience.  

Hey I just did the 93 tune last night on my 2015 z71 5.3. I did not do anything other than the basic 93 and firm trans tune. I have to put 150 miles on it before I can data log for Lew to do the custom DiabLew tune. My truck is stock with 3.42 gears and 34in 295/70R18 tires. I can definitely notice the tune not for the power but the overall drive. The trans is already shifting so much better. I know this does not answer all your questions but I wanted to share my experience.  

Do you notice any ping when under light load going up hill before downshifting? I had the 87 tune a few months back and had some. I recently started running 93 and want to try that tune. I went back to stock tune got rid of afm and raised idle to 600 because my truck has a crappy idle. 600Rpm is smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did 93, afm off, firm shift, and set my tire size and put the throttle sensitivity back to zero and it seems a little better but still shifts way too early i cant stand it. I thought you would be able to increase the MPH at which it would shift at instead of the rpm. It shifts to second and third at such a low rpm it lugs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

you gain the most power from power enrichment, this is the same thing as accellerator pump on a carb.. it gets you out of the hole when you want to move fast.. some model trucks have it turned off by GM, probably something relatated to EPA emmision thing.  

Edited by flyingfool

10 hours ago, Bob2C said:

Do you notice any ping when under light load going up hill before downshifting? I had the 87 tune a few months back and had some. I recently started running 93 and want to try that tune. I went back to stock tune got rid of afm and raised idle to 600 because my truck has a crappy idle. 600Rpm is smooth.

No I didn’t notice any but then again I didn’t try the 87. Went right for the 93 since that’s what I ordered from Lew. 

No I didn’t notice any but then again I didn’t try the 87. Went right for the 93 since that’s what I ordered from Lew. 

Ok. Great. Thanks for the info. I was thinking of doing the Diablew too.

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to go with Diablew Tune. Let me tell you if your thinking about it JUST DO IT. I went with the 91/93 tune and its been great. He tuned my 6 speed tranny as well. Shifts are firmer and there is no hunting for gears. No banging on the downshift either. Its like a different vehicle and I love it. I had to do some WOT throttle logs for him after he sent his initial tune and I drove it about 200 miles. Holy crap. I was at 90 in no time at 5k RPM in 3rd gear. The thing took off like a bullet and its only the 5.3. Completely satisfied with Lew. He is quick to respond and I had my tunes back the same day. Customer service is key IMO. I would highly recommend him. I have read reviews about blackbear and I am sure they are great as well.