Best replacement shocks

Hi all,

What would be the best replacement shocks for towing? The truck is a 2015 2500 2 wheel drive gas. It has 60k and the tires are just starting to show signs of cupping. I tow a fifth wheel that is just under 10k.

I put Bilsteins 5100s on my 2015 2500HD.  They seem good.   Not soft but stops the bouncies and shudders.  I also dropped the rear to level and added airbags to tow a 10k 5er.   Haven’t towed with the bilsteins yet but based on their reputation they should do well. 

• Like 1

I put some crazy Rancho RS9000's, adjustable rear shocks on my mine. They actually do adjust, you can feel the difference from 1 to 6 on the adjustments, when I load to max in the bed, I"ll jack the damping up on them, it's kind of a pain in the butt drawing under the truck, so I just leave them in the middle....

On 5/7/2020 at 6:50 PM, gearheadesw said:

I put some crazy Rancho RS9000's, adjustable rear shocks on my mine. They actually do adjust, you can feel the difference from 1 to 6 on the adjustments, when I load to max in the bed, I"ll jack the damping up on them, it's kind of a pain in the butt drawing under the truck, so I just leave them in the middle....

If you're in the snowbelt bilstiens if south then the adjustable ranchos.  I guess so cal is south enough to withe ranchos I have had both the adjustables are nice. 

Edited by curver900

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm leveled running 35's and tow our 35' travel trailer all the time, especially down crapy gravel roads, and the Bilstien 5100 were one of the best additions I've done to my truck [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

• Like 1