No fuel pressure regulator??

Hey guys I have an 07 Silverado classic 2500HD with the 6.0 ls. I’m chasing a P0300 misfire code. So I’ve done a few things and now I want to check fuel. My problem is when I take the cover off of the intake I can see the fuel rails on both sides and trace the fuel lines and vacuum lines but I just can’t for the life of me find the regulator. It should be on the drivers side fuel rail by the fuel supply line coming in right? I feel like I’m missing something very obvious. But anyway thanks everybody in advance for your help.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should be really similar. You still probably want 50-55 at idle and a little more under load. They are usually on a 58psi system. I don't have the exact spec for your truck though.

Ok awesome. That’s what I figured, but when I popped the hood an didn’t see the regulator it threw me in a loop because I have an 06 gmc sitting right next to it that does have one on the fuel rail. So what I’m gathering is that I have a gmt900 type fuel system on a gmt800 chassis?

Your '06 GM shouldn't have a FPR on the fuel rail either.  Somewhere around '03 GM switched from a return-style fuel system with an inline fuel filter and a FPR on the fuel rail to a returnless fuel system with the fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator at a unit in the fuel tank, with a single line going to the fuel rail.

My '04 3500 w 6.0 has the returnless fuel system.

Edited by davester

Your '06 GM shouldn't have a FPR on the fuel rail either.  Somewhere around '03 GM switched from a return-style fuel system with an inline fuel filter and a FPR on the fuel rail to a returnless fuel system with the fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator at a unit in the fuel tank, with a single line going to the fuel rail.

My '04 3500 w 6.0 has the returnless fuel system.

Well I honestly just went outside in the dark and rain to remove my plastics and prove you wrong and... as hard as it is for me to say... it turns out I was wrong! I was 100% sure I’ve seen an FPR on the fuel rail of the 06 before but I’ve been taught a lesson on fact checking before I open my mouth[emoji23]

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

On my 2016 chevy 6.0 2500hd, I have turn the key on for a few seconds and it will fire right up. If I turn the key on right away it will tun over strong but takes a while to start. I was thinking it was the fuel pressure sensor but when I was looking for it I couldn’t find it. I ran the whole fuel line down. Could it be the fuel pump itself?