New to GM Want 3L Duramax

22 hours ago, ullose272 said:

Diesel comes with alonger warranty as well so

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Can you or someone else confirm the 100,000 warranty on GM's diesels is just for the engine or is it the entire powertrain? For some reason, I thought I read somewhere it was just the engine. 

30 minutes ago, Z71RAD88 said:

Can you or someone else confirm the 100,000 warranty on GM's diesels is just for the engine or is it the entire powertrain? For some reason, I thought I read somewhere it was just the engine. 

GM said: 

• Diesel engine warranty: 60 months/100,000miles

On 6/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, Beemerg17 said:

GM said: 

• Diesel engine warranty: 60 months/100,000miles

Here is my issues with diesels. Yes, the engine is warranted for 100,000 miles, but all the emissions stuff that a Diesel engine requires is not warranted for 100,000. At least it wasn’t with the Ford I owned. Maybe GM is different. 

I had issues with my Ford Powerstroke emissions at 50K. Their Diesel engine warranty is 60K. When I took in they told me out of warranty. They said emissions didn’t fall under Diesel engine warranty but the bumper to bumper 36K warranty. I stated without the emissions the Diesel engine wouldn’t run. They said nice try but no. Sold it as soon as it was fixed and came back to a GMC with 6.2

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SMW said:

Here is my issues with diesels. Yes, the engine is warranted for 100,000 miles, but all the emissions stuff that a Diesel engine requires is not warranted for 100,000. At least it wasn’t with the Ford I owned. Maybe GM is different. 

Emissions warranty ...  8 years / 80,000 miles.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 2:04 PM, Z71RAD88 said:

Only the powertrain is 100,000.  The other warranty items are same as gassers. (some stuff 3/36, some stuff 5/60, rust thru 6/100)

Right there in black and white at the GMC and chevy websites.

5yr/100,000 powertain applies to the HD 6.6L and LD 3.0L Duramax . 

https://www.gmc.com/owners/warranty-details

Need to scroll down to get to the duramax warranty info.:

POWERTRAIN COVERAGE

All 2020 GMC vehicles come with a fully transferable, no-deductible, 5-year/60,000-mile (whichever comes first) Powertrain Limited Warranty. The 1500 Series Light-Duty (LD) pickups equipped with a 3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel and the 2500 and 3500 Series Heavy Duty (HD) pickups equipped with a 6.6L Duramax® Turbo Diesel Engine are covered for 5-years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. See dealer for details.
The Powertrain Warranty covers repairs due to defects in materials and/or workmanship for components listed below:
ENGINE
All internally lubricated parts, engine oil, cooling hoses and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine, cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

TRANSMISSION/TRANSAXLE
All internally lubricated parts, case, torque converter, mounts, seals, and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transmission/transaxle. Also covered are the actuators directly connected to the transmission (slave cylinder, etc.). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring, and electrical connectors. Also excluded are the clutch and pressure plate as well as any Transmission Control Module and/or Module programming.

TRANSFER CASE
All internally lubricated parts, case, mounts, seals, and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transfer case. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transfer case as well as the encoder motor. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transfer case cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring, and electrical connectors as well as the transfer case control module and/or module programming.

DRIVE SYSTEMS
All internally lubricated parts, final-drive housings, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts and universal joints. All mounts, supports, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the drive axle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the drive axle (i.e., front differential actuator, etc.). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are all wheel bearings, drive wheel front and rear hub bearings, locking hubs, drive system cooling, lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors related to drive systems as well as any drive system control module and/or module programming.