Turn 2019 LT Z71 into Trial Boss?

Is it possible to get the 2" lift?  My truck is a '19 LT Z71 4x4 Texas Edition.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/84768243-Next-Gen-Silverado-Sierra-1500-GM-OEM-4WD-2-Suspension-Lift-Kit-NEW-/273709645795

In the listing it says...

If you have the composite spring setup from factory (Chevrolet LT models [RPO GF3] with 5.3L engines [RPO L84] all have composite rear spring leaf setup from factory), you will require the 84768245 kit with steel spring that is not included in this listing). 

The problem is, I can't find the mentioned kit.  I want the truck just a little bit taller with a 33" tire (maybe 35" if possible).  I can't go too high due the garage at my work.  I love the way the truck drives so really really don't want to mess that up.  Has stock 18" rims with stock (Goodyear fortitude HT) tires.  

If I go this route will that make it a Trail Boss as far as suspension is concerned?  Should I just slap on a 2" level in the front and call it a day?  

The "trail boss kit" includes Monotube rancho shocks.
(All others other than AT4 and Trail Boss use an inferior twin tube design from factory)

the whole truck goes up by approximately 2in in the front and IIRC 1.75in in the rear.

the kit includes, when installed at a dealer, a recalibration for the electronic power steering system (that way you don't harm the system at full lock)

others that have had it installed also say it includes a reprogramming of the speedo for a corrected tire size if you choose to go bigger wheels and tires. (Yet to seen any official documentation of this)

Longer CV axles are included as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, topgear1224 said:

2019+ Chevrolet Silverado 1500 equipped with composite rear leaf springs:

1. Chevrolet LT Trim with 5.3L V8 engine (L84)

2. Chevrolet LT Trim, Short Bed, with 3.0L engine (LM2)

It seems the listing refers to a kit for composite leaf springs (84768245) but I can't find any info on that.  Maybe I'll just call the dealer and ask.  

It seems the listing refers to a kit for composite leaf springs (84768245) but I can't find any info on that.  Maybe I'll just call the dealer and ask.  
84768245 doesn't exist in any system I've seen, this is the first time I've heard of a kit for the composite trucks.

3 hours ago, topgear1224 said:

84768245 doesn't exist in any system I've seen, this is the first time I've heard of a kit for the composite trucks.

Dang, I know it sounded too good to be true.  I had looked into this a year ago when I got the truck, but thought things might have changed.  

I decided to reach out to the ebay seller who appears to be a dealer.  Sounds like some good news may be on the horizon?  Sounds like I may have some options opening up.  Going to wait and see if this kit ever comes out or if not after a while I'll see if I can find a dealer to give this install a thumbs up lol.  

2020-06-03_15-08-27.jpg

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

If this is true have u looked into a front level and adding rear blocks in the rear. You could then just add Bilstein kit and be pretty much there with a better ride from what I've been told

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have looked into the front level, haven't looked into the rear blocks or Bilstein kit.  I'm not going to lie, I don't know anything about suspension.  Well very little at least.  Even for a level I would likely pay someone to do it, rather than risk getting in over my head or messing something up.  I was interested in going with something backed by GM.  It's going to cost a heck of a lot more but I feel like at least it wouldn't be a science experiment.

I have heard really good things about Bilstein (like the 5100's are supposed to be great), I just don't know enough on what all would need to be purchased.  Also not sure if the electronic power steering re-calibration is important or not?   I know I would like the speedo reprogrammed if possible for the increased tire size, I figure that can probably be done by someone with the correct doohickey that plugs into the OBDII port or what not.  

I too just bought a Z71 LT with 265/65/18, i put the GM level kit in it, but it still seems low with the running boards on it. I'm looking at bigger tires, but we seem kinda limited in sizes. What larger size tires has everyone seen on these 18" rims? 

Truck.jpg

• Like 1