2019 Silverado bumper replacement

I need to replace my front bumper after a minor accident.  Not sure which way I should go.  Get another chrome bumper, go black, color matched or even after market.  The hood current has matte black stripes on it.  Hard to see in the attached picture.

C10A806F-618B-4734-8FF2-C89AC1DEF043.jpeg

0CB46652-543F-44A2-9180-AABBF2FDB23D.jpeg

3008054C-9E39-484E-873E-480E275C7422.jpeg

48D439F5-EACB-40E7-8237-57EB8F6444CA.jpeg

I wouldn't go black. Too utility WT/commercial looking.  I'd go painted color keyed or back with chrome. I have a painted bumper with a chrome grille. Gives a good balance between paint and chrome. I think black looks cheap and rattle can looking.

20200606_150735.jpg

10 hours ago, mafd2 said:

I wouldn't go black. Too utility WT/commercial looking.  I'd go painted color keyed or back with chrome. I have a painted bumper with a chrome grille. Gives a good balance between paint and chrome. I think black looks cheap and rattle can looking.

20200606_150735.jpg

#facts

But duck before everyone that has a black grill gets sensitive and tells you that isn't true and is just your opinion. 

To the OP I'd get another chrome one unless you want to color match your grill and mirror caps, and remove your running boards while you are at it. Not really any good aftermarket options either. Hope you got an insurance check and a low deductible. 

I’m paying for the bumper, not insurance.  Going through insurance would cost more than it’s worth.  Not just the deductible but the rates would go up.  Doesn’t help living in Ontario where we pay some of the highest rates in Canada.

There is a place a few hours away that has factory take-offs which also include fog lights and sensors if required.  Cheaper for the whole thing, than the dealer would be for just the chrome section.

0443AA9F-0D35-41F5-9354-87825C22E924.jpeg

On 6/7/2020 at 2:18 AM, superhighsierra said:

#facts

But duck before everyone that has a black grill gets sensitive and tells you that isn't true and is just your opinion. 

To the OP I'd get another chrome one unless you want to color match your grill and mirror caps, and remove your running boards while you are at it. Not really any good aftermarket options either. Hope you got an insurance check and a low deductible. 

Exactly, JMO.  That's the beauty of a forum; we discuss likes, dislikes and opinions.  If everyone only liked Silverados, the same model, the same color, the same tires/wheels and accessories then there wouldn't be much need for a forum.  The OP didn't say anything about his grille and only his bumper.  I like a chrome or color keyed bumper.  I was leery about a painted bumper but at 15 months, still looks new with no chips blemishes etc. and has held up exceptionally well.  They're tougher than most people think.  Maybe with his conditions the OP would be better off with chrome IDK?  I just think a red color matched bumper would look best followed by a chrome bumper on his truck setup rather than a black WT looking  bumper.  Again, my opinion.  It's all good though bud ?

7 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Exactly, JMO.  That's the beauty of a forum; we discuss likes, dislikes and opinions.  If everyone only liked Silverados, the same model, the same color, the same tires/wheels and accessories then there wouldn't be much need for a forum.  The OP didn't say anything about his grille and only his bumper.  I like a chrome or color keyed bumper.  I was leery about a painted bumper but at 15 months, still looks new with no chips blemishes etc. and has held up exceptionally well.  They're tougher than most people think.  Maybe with his conditions the OP would be better off with chrome IDK?  I just think a red color matched bumper would look best followed by a chrome bumper on his truck setup rather than a black WT looking  bumper.  Again, my opinion.  It's all good though bud ?

I’m leaning towards staying chrome or going colour matched now.  I’m leaving the grill

the way it is.

• Like 1