Anyone go from Raptor to Sierra?

Just sold my 2018 Raptor. It was a great truck but I was just wanting something different. Thinking about purchasing a newer Sierra Denali, SLT, or AT4 with the 6.2. Was curious if anyone has done that same switch and what they thought. Thank you. 

13 hours ago, crfdude86 said:

Just sold my 2018 Raptor. It was a great truck but I was just wanting something different. Thinking about purchasing a newer Sierra Denali, SLT, or AT4 with the 6.2. Was curious if anyone has done that same switch and what they thought. Thank you. 

Well sort of, had the trail boss in-between (Raptor>Trail Boss>Sierra). In my opinion, both GM vehicles were a big improvement. The raptor had lifter ticking, clunking when coming to a stop, which drove me to distraction. Other than that, the raptor was a good ride, however I prefer the Sierra to all of them.

Also a sort of...

I had a Roush F150 went to 2020 AT4 6.2 Carbonpro

The 24 gal tank in the Sierra is absurd, esp w a 6.2, you'll never see a gas station that your truck doesn't like!!!

If you're looking at a Sierra, and if you run it at all...get 20" rims on Denali, otherwise you'll run into your governor constantly!!!

I go and test drive Raptors every time I trade, but just can't feel the 6cyl in them,  the 6.2 has OK power.

If you go Carbonpro, tonneau covers are very limited...

Enjoy the hunt

1 hour ago, Extractor said:

Also a sort of...

I had a Roush F150 went to 2020 AT4 6.2 Carbonpro

The 24 gal tank in the Sierra is absurd, esp w a 6.2, you'll never see a gas station that your truck doesn't like!!!

If you're looking at a Sierra, and if you run it at all...get 20" rims on Denali, otherwise you'll run into your governor constantly!!!

I go and test drive Raptors every time I trade, but just can't feel the 6cyl in them,  the 6.2 has OK power.

If you go Carbonpro, tonneau covers are very limited...

Enjoy the hunt

Thanks for the info. Ya I’m not a fan of the small tank. Didn’t know that about the CarbonPro & tonneau. I always put a tonneau cover on my trucks. 

Edited by crfdude86

I have a 2019 Raptor and 2020 Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine.  I like both - the Raptor won't tow my trailer so I have the 2500HD. Both are fun trucks, both have 10 speed transmissions and both have great performance.  I've had no problems with either of them and both 10 speeds are good - really good!  If I had to choose just one or the other - I'd be hard pressed to decide.

2019 Raptor 6x4.jpg

2020 Silverado 4x6.jpg