Guys with Blendmount on Camera Mirror

Hey guys that have a blendmount on the camera mirror in your technology package Denali or AT4

Have you noticed that since the camera mirror doesn't move like a standard mirror - your blendmount is slightly angled toward the passenger side.  What are you doing to fix this if anything? Have  you figured out a way to straighten it up somehow?

2 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

The camera mirror moves and adjusts just like any other mirror.  Mine is centered perfectly.

IMG_20200318_114336.jpg

mine is also flat with the world... but it is pointed to the side of the truck because the blendmount attaches to the piece of the plastic on the mirror that is immoveable?  Isn't that how yours is?

5 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Nope.  It clamps onto the cylindrical stem behind the mirror.

would you mind taking a quick picture of how you have yours clamped for me please. 

Just now, lapoolboy said:

IMG_20200616_143809.jpg

That is how I have mine also -- so in my truck that piece of plastic does not move. So the radar detector is pointing toward the passenger side of the truck instead of directly forward.  Is that true for you too

7 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

I have no idea why you are trying to move a piece of plastic?  But it your mount looks like mine and is attached to the mirror stem, you can move the stem (and mount if needed) freely to center and level things up.

Well I am just an idiot. That stem does move, it just took way more force than I was giving it. I was afraid of damaging it.  Thanks.  Radar detector is now pointing directly forward out the front of the truck.

Thank you for the help

Edited by JacobC1983

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, mrtizzom said:

Which camera is that and did you hardwire it into the mirror power? I'm thinking of doing the same setup...clean looking setup.

Did a fuse tap. It’s accessory power fuse to heated steering wheel, constant power to garage door opener. It’s the BlackVue dr900s 2 channel camera

2 minutes ago, DarkSky20 said:

Did a fuse tap. It’s accessory power fuse to heated steering wheel, constant power to garage door opener. It’s the BlackVue dr900s 2 channel camera

Gotcha….thanks for the info good sir!

• Like 1