how did you decide on wheels? RE: caliper clearance

just wondering how everyone’s pulling the trigger on wheels with all the caliper clearance issues. I don’t want to run any sort of spacer period; and width, offset & backspacing don’t seem to matter as much as the wheels design as far as clearing the caliper am I correct? sooo are y’all just buying wheels and hoping they fit and if not then buying a spacer after? or buying a 1/4” just in case? although aren’t there some wheels that need more than 1/4” spacer to clear? 

There are a couple threads on here that list wheels that will clear the T1 calipers and many pages of pics to sort through. Just run a search. I started there to get an idea of which wheels will fit. I have also found the Custom Offsets gallery to be a good source to see what will fit and also to get a good visual. From there, I'm calling or emailing wheel vendors to ensure they all have the same answer in that they will clear the caliper, as I am in the same boat as you in not wanting to run spacers. See link below... sort by 2019, not 2020. For some reason sorting by 2020 doesn't pull all results. Good luck!

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?suspension=Leveling Kit&wheel_diameter_from=20&sort=yno&page=1&year=2019&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&drive=4WD

I think the main thing you have to look for and worry about is the offset of the tire and how far the center hub actually sits from the spokes. Which is hard to account for because they don’t actually have that measurement displayed on the description it’s something you have to research or go see in person. Luckily the shop I went to had 100s of display rims to see what clearance was. Also the newer designs like 2019 and up are starting to be made with enough clearance. 45b44eb6e536255eeb2a1d6d7ce3e3a1.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, grrr027 said:

There are a couple threads on here that list wheels that will clear the T1 calipers and many pages of pics to sort through. Just run a search. I started there to get an idea of which wheels will fit. I have also found the Custom Offsets gallery to be a good source to see what will fit and also to get a good visual. From there, I'm calling or emailing wheel vendors to ensure they all have the same answer in that they will clear the caliper, as I am in the same boat as you in not wanting to run spacers. See link below... sort by 2019, not 2020. For some reason sorting by 2020 doesn't pull all results. Good luck!

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?suspension=Leveling Kit&wheel_diameter_from=20&sort=yno&page=1&year=2019&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&drive=4WD

thanks for your input! ill keep searching. ive read countless threads on forums, browsed customoffsets gallery for days, even trolling instagram haha. still havent come to a conclusion for myself. i guess im looking for something different, most of the wheels ive picked i cant find pictures/info for the new bodys anywhere. waiting to hear back from the mfgs although some of them reply with things like: "i dont see why not" lol, kinda not good enough of an answer to pull the trigger on an expensive set of wheels with a maybe on fitment, so i end up scrolling on. i appreciate your help though and the trouble of giving me the C/O link again

1 hour ago, 305chevy said:

I think the main thing you have to look for and worry about is the offset of the tire and how far the center hub actually sits from the spokes. Which is hard to account for because they don’t actually have that measurement displayed on the description it’s something you have to research or go see in person. Luckily the shop I went to had 100s of display rims to see what clearance was. Also the newer designs like 2019 and up are starting to be made with enough clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, i wish they had a measurement in the wheel spec for this lol. i guess itd be too easy then. truck looks good man, thanks for sharing. unfortunately at my part in the world the selection of wheels in a shop nearby are very slim, so checking them out in person is kind of out of the equation for me. the struggle is real lol.

we need to make a huge compiliation sticky thread list of "what wheels fit without spacers"... the wheel and tire thread ive gone through a hundred times back and forth but a lot of people just posting what theyre running not necessarily if they used spacers to make it fit or not. although again at the same time i wasnt extremely drawn to any particular set of wheels in that thread either haha ah idk maybe im just being too picky. send halp.

13 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Go to wheelpros.com or tirerack.com

Put in your year, make, model, and if it is stock or lifted.  The site will pull up numerous wheels to choose from 

ive gone through everything on tirerack. it seems to filter out a lot of the more aggressive fitment options, maybe im just not using it right? it only gives me 9 wides or so, and a handful of 10s/12s. unless thats the sad reality that all the other wheels dont fit ? i dont mind trimming some.

ill check out wheelpros now, thanks for this

4 minutes ago, f0urtw3nty said:

ive gone through everything on tirerack. it seems to filter out a lot of the more aggressive fitment options, maybe im just not using it right? it only gives me 9 wides or so, and a handful of 10s/12s. unless thats the sad reality that all the other wheels dont fit ? i dont mind trimming some.

ill check out wheelpros now, thanks for this

Also call each of these companies and tell them what you have. I did that for my 2018 and they were very helpful.

Anytime and good luck with your choice of wheels 

Backspacing is key here. Offset measures from the mounting hub to the center of the wheel,  backspacing,  it measures from the back of the wheel to the mount hub, so it never really changes, find that measurement, usually close to stock, add an in or so, and buy wheels.