2016 gmc Sierra refrigeration system

Does any know which refrigerant is used in this truck and the capacity in oz/ lbs ? 

I am getting a couple quotes after I ordered my compressor under warranty and wanted to know so I can get a proper quote 

7 minutes ago, Yvo said:

Does any know which refrigerant is used in this truck and the capacity in oz/ lbs ? 

I am getting a couple quotes after I ordered my compressor under warranty and wanted to know so I can get a proper quote 

Not following what you are saying.

They are going to give a you warranty part, and you have to install it?

They had a mix up with my initial request and I ended up paying 1500 dollars over the quoted price .... it's a long story. I ended up causing a fuss with the dealership and they agreed to put it under warranty  but I need to pay for install and refrigerant but I wasn't sure which type it was 

15 minutes ago, Yvo said:

Because if I can get it installed at a different place for cheaper then that makes sense 

The only way a dealer can warrant the part is by installing it themselves, so if fails again, it goes back on them.

Is this a warranty repair? They will need the old part to be reimbursed by GM. 

They will be installing the part but I'm trying to see if I can get the refrigerant separate. They dont need to put that in because the compressor would come pre charged but any additional would be extra . Not sure why I cant just get the answer I request. 

What type of refrigerant does a 2016 take.

4 minutes ago, Yvo said:

They will be installing the part but I'm trying to see if I can get the refrigerant separate. They dont need to put that in because the compressor would come pre charged but any additional would be extra . Not sure why I cant just get the answer I request. 

Did you ask the dealer?

They might even sell it to you for a discount.

1 hour ago, Yvo said:

Label.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yvo said:

The new compressor would come pre charged?  Not sure who told you that false information, but that doesnt make any sense.  On the other hand, did your system lose all of its freon? If not then they will be able to re-cover your existing refrigerant charge, perform the needed repairs, and then re-charge the system with the same stuff they took out.  If the truck is still fully charged with freon then you shouldnt have to buy freon at all.

btw, i highly doubt the dealer is going to use what freon you supply, they are going to use their machine and charge you as needed.  

• Like 1

The new compressor may come with the correct amount of oil. It can’t come with Freon precharged because most of the “charge” of Freon is in the entire ac system not just the compressor.

Compressors sometimes come with the correct amount of lubricating oil.

I understand some home HVAC systems come precharged.

The dealers going to want to use their equipment and Freon.

• Like 1