Have a 2019 AT4? With a 6.2.  Has GM performance exhaust and came with TPMS for trailer tires. I purchased with 1200 miles on it and got good deal but now I’m wondering if I have the Max trailering package. Dealer gave me the build sheet and said I have Max package but I don’t see anything on build sheet. What should I be looking for? Truck pulls my 5000 pound travel trailer with no issues and trans temp never gets over 160 even with 95 degree temps outside. My older suburban used to run trans temps of 190-210 in same conditions and that has an oversized trans cooler so I was thinking the AT4 must have a large cooler from the factory.  Anyway is there a code I should be looking for on the build sheet? Looking to get heavier camper and want to be safe. 

20 minutes ago, Dickie1602 said:

Have a 2019 AT4? With a 6.2.  Has GM performance exhaust and came with TPMS for trailer tires. I purchased with 1200 miles on it and got good deal but now I’m wondering if I have the Max trailering package. Dealer gave me the build sheet and said I have Max package but I don’t see anything on build sheet. What should I be looking for? Truck pulls my 5000 pound travel trailer with no issues and trans temp never gets over 160 even with 95 degree temps outside. My older suburban used to run trans temps of 190-210 in same conditions and that has an oversized trans cooler so I was thinking the AT4 must have a large cooler from the factory.  Anyway is there a code I should be looking for on the build sheet? Looking to get heavier camper and want to be safe. 

Your RPO code should be NHT if you have it.

Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, (GU6) 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs, increased RGAWR and (KW5) 220-amp alternator 1 - Requires (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (Z82) Trailering Package, (G80) locking differential and 18" or 20" wheels and tires. Includes (JL1) trailer brake controller. Not available with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package. 2 - Requires (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and 18" or 20" wheels and tires. Not available with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package. 3 - Requires 4WD model and (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Not available with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package or 22" wheels

ZL6 Advanced Trailering Package, includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with hitch view and (U1D) Trailering app 1 - Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II. Requires either (Z82) Trailering Package with (JL1) trailer brake controller or (NHT) Max Trailering Package. 2 - Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II and (JL1) trailer brake controller.

As stated above, no, your AT4 cannot have the NHT Max Trailering pkg.  But since GM is so wise, your AT4 COULD be optioned with the Trailering mirrors, plus the Tech package that has all of the cool trailer camera provisions...but, my SLT, which does have NHT Max Trailering CANNOT be ordered with the trailering mirrors or the tech pkg with the trailering camera stuff...weird, huh?  My old '10 LTZ Silverado, the NHT got you the 6.2L, the upgraded axle, cooling and the mirrors...I guess GMC thinks Denali and AT4 guys want the mirrors and SLT with NHT doesn't?  Oh well...

Hum,   Got the 3:43 rear not the 3:2?? something like trailer package states. Got crap load of cameras.  Got locking rear.  Got the extra tpms from factory.  Just don’t get it.  Look like I have some of the trailer options needed but not all? Why even bother.   

3 hours ago, Dickie1602 said:

Hum,   Got the 3:43 rear not the 3:2?? something like trailer package states. Got crap load of cameras.  Got locking rear.  Got the extra tpms from factory.  Just don’t get it.  Look like I have some of the trailer options needed but not all? Why even bother.   

3:42 axle ratio is included in the max trailering package. You have the 3.23 in the AT4. Locking rear is standard on AT4. Cameras, trailer TPMS are not included in or related to the max trailering package. 

Not really a big deal though. The sticker on your door jamb gives you the pertinent info about your payload and trailering capability, just stay within that and it’s all good. Even with the 3.23 you’re not going to be short on power, I can tell you that much.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, kpanza said:

As stated above, no, your AT4 cannot have the NHT Max Trailering pkg.  But since GM is so wise, your AT4 COULD be optioned with the Trailering mirrors, plus the Tech package that has all of the cool trailer camera provisions...but, my SLT, which does have NHT Max Trailering CANNOT be ordered with the trailering mirrors or the tech pkg with the trailering camera stuff...weird, huh?  My old '10 LTZ Silverado, the NHT got you the 6.2L, the upgraded axle, cooling and the mirrors...I guess GMC thinks Denali and AT4 guys want the mirrors and SLT with NHT doesn't?  Oh well...

I'm not sure the trailering mirrors are available with the tech package.  You don't really need the trailering mirrors with all those camera views.

Trailer mirrors were not available on 2019 1500's. 

1500's got them back in 2020

SLT lost the option to add DQS mirrors part way thru the 2020 MY

(maybe in Feb?)

I have not idea why, but if I had to guess it might be some sort of tooling capacity issue. Sales demand doesn't always match capacity that was tooled. 

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

SLT lost the option to add DQS mirrors part way thru the 2020 MY

(maybe in Feb?)

I have not idea why, but if I had to guess it might be some sort of tooling capacity issue. Sales demand doesn't always match capacity that was tooled. 

It was before before Feb 2020.

Tried to order the mirrors in Jan 2020.

No go.

Dealer said GM decided only top 2  tiers could get the tow mirrors on a 1500 and the SLT  fell to 3rd tier this year.

His orders from Sept 2019 and forward with the tow mirrors were kicked back. 

No problem, I just bought a Silverado. LOL

I just ordered my High Country in June and you can get the MAX Trailer package, with ALL the cameras, Trailering mirrors, etc. The only thing you basically can't get is the Z-71 package which was NBD for me since I'm having SCA add a lift/tires/wheels, that will have skid plates.