skid plate options

1 minute ago, topgear1224 said:

Just order the X31 aluminum one. It's a direct replacement for the plastic one.

Then you can get the transfer case one too.

That's all the skidplates GM offers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Any chance you have part numbers for those?

28 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

Just order the X31 aluminum one. It's a direct replacement for the plastic one.

Then you can get the transfer case one too.

That's all the skidplates GM offers.

sorry, read that wrong, thought you ordered them haha. 

I have an X31, was pretty disappointed that all they did was change the front plate to aluminum, and add a transfer skid. No fuel tank skid. Includes a badge, and twin tube ranchos. Z71 allegedly get monotube ranchos according to GMs documents (can anyone confirm this??) And unlocks hill decent control. Seams like a waste for $1,350. Considering my other packages included the G80.

The 4X4 LTZ non Z71 had the same front skid just in thick plastic. The bolt holes are present on the frame for the xfer case skid.

I don't remember where I saw it but the skid plates are a cheap upgrade.

I'm actually researching this right now, looking to replace the plastic piece on my non-Z71. My dad works at the Parma, OH stamping plant. He's calling his contact at Fort Wayne assembly tomorrow to see if he can get part numbers for the oil pan and transfer case skids from the Z71. He said it's not something they stamp in house at GM, and likely an outside supplier that makes them. None of the dealers near me could find them aside from order options on a new truck order, so hopefully with a part number, I'll get something. I'll update here when I find out. 

It won't be a current GM accessory. (Although I vaguely remember seeing it at one time, much like the navigation upgrade)

Call up your nearest collision center, they should be able to look the parts numbers up.

Just tell them you bent your skid plates I need new ones. If they ask for a VIN just grab one from a local dealer site that has the Z71 package.

18 hours ago, c.schill said:

I'm actually researching this right now, looking to replace the plastic piece on my non-Z71. My dad works at the Parma, OH stamping plant. He's calling his contact at Fort Wayne assembly tomorrow to see if he can get part numbers for the oil pan and transfer case skids from the Z71. He said it's not something they stamp in house at GM, and likely an outside supplier that makes them. None of the dealers near me could find them aside from order options on a new truck order, so hopefully with a part number, I'll get something. I'll update here when I find out. 

Awesome, thanks!!!

17 hours ago, topgear1224 said:

It won't be a current GM accessory. (Although I vaguely remember seeing it at one time, much like the navigation upgrade)

Call up your nearest collision center, they should be able to look the parts numbers up.

Just tell them you bent your skid plates I need new ones. If they ask for a VIN just grab one from a local dealer site that has the Z71 package.

That's a good idea too!

23 hours ago, topgear1224 said:

I have an X31, was pretty disappointed that all they did was change the front plate to aluminum, and add a transfer skid. No fuel tank skid. Includes a badge, and twin tube ranchos. Z71 allegedly get monotube ranchos according to GMs documents (can anyone confirm this??) And unlocks hill decent control. Seams like a waste for $1,350. Considering my other packages included the G80.

The 4X4 LTZ non Z71 had the same front skid just in thick plastic. The bolt holes are present on the frame for the xfer case skid.

I don't remember where I saw it but the skid plates are a cheap upgrade.

Believe only trailbosses and AT4s get monotube

These should be the part numbers for the 19-20 Silverado skid plates that come on the Z71s. I’ll be picking these up sometime next week, so I’ll be the guinea pig and see if they are correct. 

20922755 - transfer case 

23385004 - engine/oil pan

I’ll likely order them from gm parts outlet, since they seem to have them in stock, and list actual GM part numbers. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 10:52 PM, c.schill said:

These should be the part numbers for the 19-20 Silverado skid plates that come on the Z71s. I’ll be picking these up sometime next week, so I’ll be the guinea pig and see if they are correct. 

20922755 - transfer case 

23385004 - engine/oil pan

I’ll likely order them from gm parts outlet, since they seem to have them in stock, and list actual GM part numbers. 

Did you ever get these?