Interior door handle replacement

I managed to scratch up my driver’s interior door handle pretty good and want to replace it. But my local dealers are saying it is not sold by itself and is only available as part of the entire door panel assembly, that costs ~$500. Does anybody know of other sources for a new handle? I suspect the dealer is right, as even the online GM part stores don’t show it available, other than for a base model without memory seats.

12 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

I managed to scratch up my driver’s interior door handle pretty good and want to replace it. But my local dealers are saying it is not sold by itself and is only available as part of the entire door panel assembly, that costs ~$500. Does anybody know of other sources for a new handle? I suspect the dealer is right, as even the online GM part stores don’t show it available, other than for a base model without memory seats.

What trim level do you have?  And by handle are you talking the pull handle to open the door or the grab handle part of the door panel?

Edited by newdude

2 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

I have a 2019 SLT and I’m referring to the lever you pull to open the door latch.

So yes, your dealer was correct.  As of now, the only way to replace the handle is by getting the entire door panel assembly. 

So yes, your dealer was correct.  As of now, the only way to replace the handle is by getting the entire door panel assembly. 

Yikes, ok I guess I’ll just live with it. It sounds like you may work at a dealer or something..?? If so, do you think this will change in the future, where it may eventually be offered as an individual part?

Thanks for you help!

4 minutes ago, bamorris2 said:

Yikes, ok I guess I’ll just live with it. It sounds like you may work at a dealer or something..?? If so, do you think this will change in the future, where it may eventually be offered as an individual part?

Thanks for you help!

Anything is possible.  As to when?  Not sure.  If GM doesn't do it, someone like Dorman will typically step up to the plate.  Dorman did the 07-13 door handle fix because GM wanted to sell people a whole door panel back then even.  

On 8/6/2020 at 7:41 PM, bamorris2 said:

My driver side interior door handle is scratched up too. I’m thinking mine might have come that way from the factory or the delivery guys did it. I remembered seeing some scratches on the handle when they delivered it but forgot about it until you just mentioned it. I had intended to contact them about it...but it was Christmas time, then corona hit...I’m currently at 7500 miles...share some pictures...I post some pics later too...