Mud Flap Delete Kit

29 minutes ago, Ithan Henry said:

So I got my mud flap delete kit in today from Switch Suspension. It's made by McGaughtys. Easy install and has the same texture and finish as factory. Looks way better without the flaps. 

IMG_20200813_114807_009.jpg

IMG_20200813_114807_012.jpg

IMG_20200813_114807_044.jpg

IMG_20200813_114807_046.jpg

IMG_20200813_114807_048.jpg

Hmm.... With those big rock slinging tires you have sticking out the rock chips will tear your ass up. Soon you will have paint delete. Your paint, rocker and door panels will look like crap and will be noticeable. Then I surmise you'll be second guessing your decision. I think they'd be ok with flush fitting highway tires. The stock guards don't look that bad. Just saying.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Hmm.... With those big rock slinging tires you have sticking out the rock chips will tear your ass up. Soon you will have paint delete. Your paint, rocker and door panels will look like crap and will be noticeable. Then I surmise you'll be second guessing your decision. I think they'd be ok with flush fitting highway tires. The stock guards don't look that bad. Just saying.

Ok. Thanks for the positive response. 

51 minutes ago, Ithan Henry said:

Ok. Thanks for the positive response. 

Not trying to be negative just constructive. Looks like you take care of your truck and your paint looks great. I know you'll be sick when you start getting rock dings and paint chips. Seen it too many times with this setup. It's all good though .bud

Agree with the previous 2 posts on the rock chips. Those huge tires will be slinging any type of rock they find on the road, and there is nothing worse then seeing a bunch of white rock chip marks on your paint

I had a Superior Blue SS Trailblazer and it threw up so many rocks, and the whole side of truck was spotted white, luckily there was a TSB report out that GM offered to repaint for free, and put a clear shield down both sides of the suv to protect it.

I would suggest clear shielding both sides of your truck to save the paint.  Just my 2 cents 

• Like 1

They look good but they don't seem to fit too well to the body, I see NJ salt and crap getting down in there and causing you problems down the road with paint rub and rust.

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

They look good but they don't seem to fit too well to the body, I see NJ salt and crap getting down in there and causing you problems down the road with paint rub and rust.

They fit better than the pictures show. They're held on with adhesive tape and 2 of the factory screws. When I took off the factory flaps, there was a lot of dirt in there already. I don't anticipate these causing any issues. 

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I see you changed avatar from the Silverado?

5 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

SS Trailblazer

Ah, the good ol' TBSS...

I thoroughly enjoyed spanking the crap outta one a couple weeks ago on the interstate.  He tried to keep up bless him....

It was like the little engine that could....only it couldn't! ?

I don't know if he had any engine work but I know for sure he had a gutted exhaust (or open headers) because that thing was obnoxiously loud.  We were done playing and I let off so the wife would quit her bitchin, and an old man in a Vette came outta nowhere and blew my doors off.  I think the loud TBSS peaked his interest.

Good times!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mafd2 said:

I’ve had  12 or 14 wides on the last 3 Chevys. Never once got a rock chip on side of truck. I’ve gotten a small one on passenger tow mirror, but nothing more. 

• Like 1