Gap around headlight after oil change

I took my truck to a dealer for an oil change. I got it back and noticed that the top corner of the headlamp area is caved in (see pic). There is about a 1/8” gap... So guess where you’re hip would be touching the vehicle if you were unscrewing the oil cap?? Ding, ding, ding, yes as a 6 foot person my hip would be touching that area of the headlight if I had to unscrew the oil cap. So what happened did he lay on it? This is so frustrating..not sure it’s worth complaining about. It flexes now if you push on it. It wasn’t like this before (I wash it every week so I would know).

My questions are...

1. Will water get in that crack and cause any problem?

2. Can I bend it back in place?

79DC3635-E591-43DB-A6BC-D2A83CC6D346.jpeg

3 hours ago, steve841 said:

Cant hurt to take it back and say WTF?

I ALWAYS go over the truck with the advisor when I drop it off ... followed by me inspecting it before I leave when its done.

Yea, I hear ya. I’m just afraid that may introduce more issues if they fix it. I went over the entire vehicle, but not with the service advisor unfortunately.

It looks like that piece is just a plastic trim piece around the headlight. It must be somewhat malleable.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JimmyT said:

Yea, I hear ya. I’m just afraid that may introduce more issues if they fix it. I went over the entire vehicle, but not with the service advisor unfortunately.

It looks like that piece is just a plastic trim piece around the headlight. It must be somewhat malleable.

Malleable.  Perfect word for all the body parts on these new trucks! All so they can fall apart at the slightest touch for 5 star crash ratings. 

I'm surprised the dealer isn't doing inspection on arrival. 

Advisors where I go inspect every one on their own.

Prevents them getting blamed for something that it arrived with, and gives then a chance to check tires/wipers and possibly upsell. 

I've never noticed them inspecting them on the way out. That's still a 'do it yourself' at that location.