Paint flaking off door

I went to GMC Twitter with complaint and pictures..of course they say out of warranty..it’s not a warranty problem it’s a quality issue, my opinion.

Hi, Sherry. We're unable to speculate on if this can be covered under the corrosion warranty until it has been diagnosed by a dealership. The bumper-to-bumper warranty covers repairs due to defects in materials or workmanship on a vehicle. However, the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty has expired for your vehicle. 

^DG

On 9/17/2021 at 12:08 AM, 2015 High Miler said:

Same issue on my 15 summit white Sierra 

I guess it's just luck of the draw. My 2017 paint is still perfect, a friend at work has a 2014 red Z71 and his paint is perfect, still, as well.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue!   Sad part is Chevrolet actually fixed the issue the first time it occurred.   When I asked them to repaint the truck they said they only repair the affected area. They painted the door behind the window in the area all of the people in this thread are showing, along with above the windshield.   Fast forward a little over a year, and now the other door and sides of the front windshield are peeling.   I contacted the dealer they said they couldn't help, but recommended I speak to customer satisfaction.  I called and they responded something to the effect of  we don't make the paint, and sometimes paint only lasts three years!   They said we already fixed it for you once and there is no more money available!!   So....They admitted there is a problem, it is their responsibility....then when it occurs again,  it is not and they have no more money to help!   Really sad...I spent $55,000.00 for a truck and the paint fails in a little over 4 years!  

I have been searching for a class action attorney or pending case that has already started, but haven't located anything yet?  I am considering a small claims case, my attorney said there is a very good chance this would be the best way to go, but I can not repaint the truck for the $5000.00 limit in our state?

Chevrolet you should be ashamed!   I have purchased so many of your vehicles since I have been driving I can't even count them all......I have always considered myself a chevy guy......but no more, I will probably never purchase another GM product.  I was considering a new Vette, but I probably won't do it....especially since I want a white one, and you can't figure out how to make white paint last!

Disappointed Life Long Customer,

JD

2015 Silverado LTZ 4x4

• 2 months later...

My paint is flaking off my GMC as well. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra-white in color. Mine is flaking around the window of the back drivers side door and on the hood. It appears to be a problem You would think GMC would have a recall on this or something. Especially the price you pay for them. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, DGillespie said:

My paint is flaking off my GMC as well. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra-white in color. Mine is flaking around the window of the back drivers side door and on the hood. It appears to be a problem You would think GMC would have a recall on this or something. Especially the price you pay for them. 

Just noticed my 2015 Denali HD in summit white is doing the same thing on the driver side rear door.

I thought a turkey had taken a crap on it then I noticed it was the turkey turd tan primer gm uses and the paint evidently just flaked off over night.

Whats next?

5FB4C4AC-1A9E-477D-9E59-6C86C9D73EC5.jpeg

41 minutes ago, cperk said:

Just noticed my 2015 Denali HD in summit white is doing the same thing on the driver side rear door.

I thought a turkey had taken a crap on it then I noticed it was the turkey turd tan primer gm uses and the paint evidently just flaked off over night.

Whats next?

5FB4C4AC-1A9E-477D-9E59-6C86C9D73EC5.jpeg

I had contacted GMC corporate the dealership and really nothing..the best place at least I got some conversation was I tweeted the pics on GMC Twitter page..I sent all pics of everyone on here and they refused to take any action..it’s a shame that we plainly see I was fault on the paint line for this model and year

1 hour ago, Sherry Phillips Georgia said:

I had contacted GMC corporate the dealership and really nothing..the best place at least I got some conversation was I tweeted the pics on GMC Twitter page..I sent all pics of everyone on here and they refused to take any action..it’s a shame that we plainly see I was fault on the paint line for this model and year

Mine is parked in a shed 70% of the time! I think I’ll just take a black paint marker and write some anti gm rhetoric on the panels!!!!

2 minutes ago, cperk said:

Mine is parked in a shed 70% of the time! I think I’ll just take a black paint marker and write some anti gm rhetoric on the panels!!!!

It’s also a shame that my sons 2005 2500 SLT paint looks better than my 2015.

Think I’ll be buying a Ford next diesel I buy. I’ve already been through the oil pump pick-up tube with my 05 5.3 that I bought new. Then the 8 speed transmission  problems with my 2015 half ton that I bought new, oh which also dropped a valve on the 6.2 engine at 69k miles. Now to the 2015 Denali hd diesel I bought as a certified pre- owned which had half a foot of play in the steering when I picked it up…. So many dealer problems with that, I don’t want to type! Oh then there’s the cp4 pump crap on the $70k diesels, now the paint flying off as I drive down the road!!!!! SMDH in shame!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious, has anyone tried getting the areas that are flaking off wrapped with vinyl?  Mine is starting to flake around the passenger window so I was thinking a black vinyl would look cool to cover it.  Thoughts?