Goodyear Duratrac or Goodyear All Terrain Adventure

Goodyear Duratracs or Goodyear All Terrain Adventure.  Which ones do you recommend.  For mostly city and highway drive.  I like the looks for the AT tires.  I just to have All terrain Adventure in my previous truck '14 Sierra was a good tire .  I want to put 275-65-18.

Thanks,

I’ve never had experience with yours, but I have 265/6518s wrangler duratraks on my Sierra. That’s what came stock from the factor. 43k on them and I’ve had zero problems with them.
I did a trip to Duck NC with them and forgot to air down on the beach... still had zero problems. Even in loose sand.

Only thing is I should’ve kept up with rotating them a bit more. Front edges are a bit more worn than the rests at the moment. But like I said, that’s my own fault and I’m sure that’ll be the same on any aggressive corner/edge of a tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Duratracs but they're notorious for low mileage. I'm all highway  (about 85%) and just rolled 55,000 miles and my tires are N-O-I-S-Y. I don't mind it much because I like the noise and feel of mud tires and now that the treads are wearing down, it starts to have that mud tire feel when at low speeds, high noise at highway speeds, almost like bad wheel bearing noise. My buddy runs Duratracs on his plow trucks and only gets about 45,000 miles out of them. I'm at 55,000 and am going to have to get a new set before the winter rolls around.

I think I'm switching to BFG KO2's this time around. However I have to see how that works with my wheel package insurance. My wheels and tires are covered for 8 years so I have to make sure I follow whatever their guidelines are for tires. If I can't switch brands hopefully I can go a little bigger to like a 275 or 285.

4 hours ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

I like my Duratracs but they're notorious for low mileage. I'm all highway  (about 85%) and just rolled 55,000 miles and my tires are N-O-I-S-Y. I don't mind it much because I like the noise and feel of mud tires and now that the treads are wearing down, it starts to have that mud tire feel when at low speeds, high noise at highway speeds, almost like bad wheel bearing noise. My buddy runs Duratracs on his plow trucks and only gets about 45,000 miles out of them. I'm at 55,000 and am going to have to get a new set before the winter rolls around.

I think I'm switching to BFG KO2's this time around. However I have to see how that works with my wheel package insurance. My wheels and tires are covered for 8 years so I have to make sure I follow whatever their guidelines are for tires. If I can't switch brands hopefully I can go a little bigger to like a 275 or 285.

Thanks for your post.  I have some questions:

1.  How is the ride? I have Bilsteins 5100.  These tires are more stiff?

2. Your tires are the original OEM tires

3. How often do you rotate the tires?

4.  The noise is pretty bad.  I have a corsa sport exhaust maybe i can't hear the noise of the tires.

5. any experience driving in the snow with these tires?

Thank you

Edited by Darthmalo

On 9/11/2020 at 12:10 PM, Darthmalo said:

Thanks for your post.  I have some questions:

1.  How is the ride? I have Bilsteins 5100.  These tires are more stiff?

2. Your tires are the original OEM tires

3. How often do you rotate the tires?

4.  The noise is pretty bad.  I have a corsa sport exhaust maybe i can't hear the noise of the tires.

5. any experience driving in the snow with these tires?

Thank you

The ride is fine and they handle great in rain, snow, and dry environments.

My tires are not the OEM tires. I had them give me a new set when I bought the truck used with 13,000 miles. Somehow the camber was so bad it put a lot of one side wear on the treads and rotations were not going to fix it. These now have about 42,000 miles on them.

I rotate my tires every oil change so every 6,000-8,000 depending on when I get to the oil change.

I have a Borla ATAK and can hear my tires over the exhaust but my exhaust is pretty quiet when cruising. Really hoping it's not bearing noise I'm hearing.

Snow, these tires work great. I know a lot of plow trucks that run Duratracs but haven't discussed any pros/cons versus other tires with them.

Thanks.  Stock Wheels?  Do you have a picture how they look now?

a077da7ba09fd1eee96c14f598340212.jpg
Fronte153566a716d8ef0c5ad77d727ed3fcd.jpg
Rear0e577b958dee1067269cdcbc962f1c4f.jpg
918feadbae2a921dea641fc6c06c591f.jpg
Worst looking tire. 45400 on them. Purchased the truck with them on it Dec ‘16.

I’m in the same boat and will be getting new tires before winter rolls around.

I do a good mix of highway and town driving. CAI (for what that’s worth) l, 2in level on the front, and I took the air dam off the bottom of it. Still getting 18.1mpg average.
From Long Island to Syracuse I usually get 20.5-22.

Best ride I ever had was an 8 hour ride to my gfs college. 24.1. But that was with no level, CAI, and dam on.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do like the looks of the Duratracs. I liken them to the old Goodyear Wrangler TD's that I used to have on my '91 Cheyenne Shortbed 3 speed manual 4x4. Bitchin' truck.

However I doubt I really need duratrac. While I have a little bit of fun off-road at the occasional beach, or camping several times a year, I am usually on paved roads or sometimes on fire roads. My used '14 GMC came with Geolandar HT on it. Great highway tire, excellent fuel mileage. 

But I may go with a GY all terrain adventure or a trailrunner when these are worn

Out of your choices I would go with the adventures based on your described use. I would also recommend the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 in P275/65r18 which is what I ended up going with to replace my stock HT tires. Smooth, good traction,  and definitely more aggressive look than stock.